Question about weeks of pregnancy!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Okay I'm not new to this but i'm confusing myself so maybe someone can clarify! If I'm 5 weeks today...wouldn't I be going into my 6th week or am I considered 5 weeks all week. I'm trying to figure out which week of development to look at. I'm thinking I should be looking at what happens in week 6 and at the end of week 6 I go into week 7!

Is my thinking right or wrong????? LOL
May 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you're right. When I was pg before my loss, I was confused about that too but a friend of mine explained it to me the way you described.
May 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The way most sites do it, you are in week 5 until you reach the exact mark of week 6. I see you have a ticker now, so you can see how that works.

Also, don't get confused on more academic sites where they are going specifically by gestational age in describing embryonic development. Day 21 (3 weeks) of fetal development would be when you are 5 weeks pregnant (but only 3 weeks since ovulation).

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
May 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Veteran
You should still be reading the 6w stuff for another 2 days according to you ticker of 6w4d. You start the 7w reading when you hit 7w on Sat. It does get a bit confusing after a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search