Probably the wrong forum.....but i need help?!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
OK so a bit about me ...I'm brand new on here and am as my username says a " scared first timer"
I'm 37 and just found out that I am 6 (ish) weeks pregnant.
I need to tell family in a gentle way......here in starts my story..

I lost my husband of 5 years to cancer after a very short illness in 2009. He had children from a previous marriage and could not have more, so I made the decision to marry him knowing I would never have children. Our life was great and being childless didnt seem that big of a deal.

However , when I realised I know had the chance to have children (before it was too late) I understood that I really did want children and always had, but I guess sacrificed that for the wonderful life I had with my husband. (and I know if he was still here the thought of children would probably never have crossed my mind)

I now have met a wonderful guy and we have been together since January this year (I've known him many years however) and last week I discovered I / we are pregnant.
Overjoyed is not the word for it!! We both have no other children and are sooo excited its not funny. BUT....... how do I inform the parents of my late husband and his brothers etc, not to mention his children (grown up children with babies of their own) in a gentle way??
I do still talk with the parents and brothers (not so much the kids) and would like to tell them in someway rather than them finding out via the dreaded facebook or some other way.

Please help .
May 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Veteran
WOW! That is a tough one. First of all, it isn't like you just lost your husband...it's been 2yrs. Do they know about this man you are seeing? Perhaps, I would start out by telling them almost what you posted here and say that you loved DH dearly and sacrificed that part of your life to have the life you wanted with him and you were OK with that. However, now that yow have met someone else and are trying to move on a bit, your life has taken a different course.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search