I am EMA! (xposted in PAL)

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I had my first prenatal appointment and wanted to tell you that I am past AMA (Advanced Maternal age) and am considered Elderly Maternal Age (EMA).

I asked them for a cane today... LOL LOL LOL I told them I will run circles around the younger girls in the delivery room... LOL LOL LOL

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 7th, 2011, 07:03 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
How old are you? Give me some hope. I am 41 and ttc....
June 8th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I am 42! You can do it!

How long have you been TTC?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

June 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Don't you love their positive, uplifting labels? What about women (and girls even) that are too young to have kids because they are too childish/unprepared/irresponsible themselves? Where is their label? IMA - Immature Maternal Age is what I am going to start calling it. LOL!
June 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
LOL Welcome to JM!!

June 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Regular
I know - I went to schedule my 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago and the lady behind the desk said, "oh, you need to got to the perinatal clinic due to advanced maternal age" and I'm thinking, advanced maternal age???? Are you talking about my grandmother? LOL
June 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Regular
Missy--I wonder what your OB would say if I walked in his office? I am going to be 44 next month and my TWINS are due in November.

And Kaya--yes you can!!
June 20th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I love it, twins!! I am due in November too! November 24 but they are thinking they will induce a week early due to a higher risk of stillbirth.

What is your due date?

June 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My last OB gave me the whole your old trip when I was 34 at conception and 35 at delivery my current OB just rolls his eyes and says we'll treat you however you present. Last uear my pregnancy was perfectly normal and my delivery was perfect. My only issue is high BP which is me not the pregnancies.

July 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
OMG, I never heard of such a thing! I'm 39 and 14 wks pregnant. Whenever I hear "Advanced Maternal Age," scary music plays in the back of my mind and I feel sooo sorry for my poor child, who will likely be an orphan by the age of 10. Good grief!

Kayakr, you can do it!! I'm going to wait a year and then try again! We want at least two, and this will be our first.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search