I feel like I'm going crazy...

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 10 DPO and have increasingly intense early pregnancy symptoms. I've listed the major symptoms here:
  • Since the day after ovulation I've had tingling breasts, which have the last several days turned into heavy, tender breasts.
  • Since 5 DPO I've been having nauseaoff and on, it's getting worse.
  • 5-6 DPO I noticed an increasing sensitivity to smells and a lack of appetite.
  • Today I've started to get heartburn which I have only had a few times in my life.
This is going to be my 5th pregnancy, I know the feelings I'm having are pregnancy but I'm not getting a positive test yet. The waiting is driving me crazy!

I'm pretty positive I'm pregnant but there are a couple of things that are causing doubts for me.
1. My eggs are getting old which I thought would make it hard to get pregnant.
2. I just had my IUD removed in early May and am afraid maybe this is some sort of hormone adjustment.

Do either of these alternatives make sense to anyone or should I just be comfortable in the idea that I'm pregnant and wait for my period to stay away?

Anyways, thanks for "listenting"

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

June 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Regular
Elisa,

This time around I was quite definitely pregnant, but didn't get a positive HPT until 11 dpo. And that was with twins!! My beta level just 2 days later was a whopping 240!! A lot depends on the person and metabolism rate, time of implantation, sensitivity of the test, etc. Are you taking a really sensitive test? I would say with your symptoms there is a good chance you are preggos...keep us posted!!

Regarding your "doubts" the older eggs do make it harder to get--and stay preggo. But I am holding out the positive for you, especially since you have such strong symptoms!

Sending you lots of BABY DUST!!!

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11
June 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Regular
Elisa,

Just checking in with you to see how you are doing and how things turned out....

June 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for checking

Things are not turning out so well this time. My symptoms continued to get stronger and stronger but I kept getting BFN's. I took a blood test on Tuesday (15DPO) and it came back with an HCG level of 16. My doctor said it's a very early miscarriage and now I'm just waiting for my period to start....but still have all my symptoms.

I asked my doctor why I'm having such strong symptoms with so little HCG and she said it's estrogen. I'm not finding a lot of information online about estrogen, at least nothing that explains my symptoms, but I've just adjusted my thinking and am looking forward to trying this next cycle.

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

June 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Regular
Elisa,

I am so sorry. (((HUGS))). I don't want to give you false hope, but is your doctor doing a second beta draw? Yes, 16 is low, but is not completely unheard of for it to still be viable. Since I have done IVF, and IUI's I have been on many boards where beta levels get discussed extensively. Often, when they are low, they are not viable (I had a miscarriage with low betas) but sometimes they are late implanters and bounce up. The lowest I have seen turn into a viable pregnancy is a women with a beta of 10 (14dpo).

Again, I don't want to raise false hope, but if I were you I would at least get another level drawn so you can see the doubling time. If that is low, then viability isn't likely.

Regarding estrogen:

Estrogen and Progesterone -- Pregnancy Basics -- WhatToExpect.com

Take care of yourself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search