How long after m/c did you get pregnant?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
My Dr told me that we have to wait 3 cycles to even start again. It took us years to even get this pregnancy! I cannot wait that long
So, how long did you wait and did you m/c again?
July 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
First M/C blighted ovum Loss end of may pregnant again in August. Second loss in Early Spet at about 7 weeks due to fetal demise, Dr says old egg. Pregnant again Nov chemical pregnancy Doctor says Bad luck. Pregnant AGAIN Jan 10, full term pregnancy healthy baby boy Sept 2010. Pregnant again Feb 21 22 weeks healthy baby girl due Nov 1. 2012.

Unless there are unusual considerations you don't need to wait TTC.

July 6th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
We had a m/c in February. We started TTC 5 days after my D&C! I was told to wait 3 cycles...I laughed and said 'Heck No!' I got pregnant at the end of May (3 months later) with Tegan

Best of luck.

July 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My m/c was in Oct 05, I did Clomid Nov 05 bfn, Clomid Dec05 bfp and delivered a term baby in Oct 06--my ob had said to try when we were ready, but I had a natural m/c with no D&C

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
July 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Regular
When I had my m/c last summer I was told to wait for one full cycle before starting again. My sister, who is 41, just had a m/c last month. Her doctor is going to give her Clomid, but he similarly suggested she wait one full cycle, but I do not believe it is a "must." You of course need to ovulate and sometimes it takes your body a bit to bounce back, and for others, no time at all.

Best of luck to you!

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11
July 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm very sorry for your loss

My OB also recommended waiting 3 months...I had a D&C (I think they often recommend a wait period after this procedure regardless) and we did end up waiting about 3 months before trying again, but mostly because I needed some time to deal with everything. It looks us 3rd cycle once we started TTC to get pregnant again which resulted in my sweet daughter . I agree with PP that unless you had complications, you don't have to wait to TTC generally even after a D&C especially if you feel ready to tackle TTCing right away.

I wish you the best of luck as you TTC again...I found the ladies in TTCAL & TTCOM extremely helpful and supportive after my m/c, you might want to drop by both groups and check them out as well. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
August 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
I got preg thru iui in June. Had m/c on June 30. Tested for Ovulation and when OB stick said yes so did my husband and I. Found out on July 28 preg again. TheNEXT month. All blood Hcg tests have come back exactly to count of OV date.
August 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! First time posting on this board... I am 37 and currently having an m/c. I'm looking around for a new board or two to hang out in, and noticed this thread. Yesterday, my doctor told me not to wait, but to TTC immediately, and although I am just now dealing with the sadness of this loss, I found that to give me a little glimmer of hope.

Nice to meet you all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search