faint line at 5 weeks?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Monica
Hey guys! I need a little support with this. I usually have a 29 day cycle. This time, my period didn't show! Yeah!- right? Except that I was getting negative results with 20 Miu internet test strips! So I thought I wasn't pregnant. Then I got a faint line on one at 5 days late with FMU! It was so faint I thought I was seeing things. So, I waited til the next morning and took a Clearblue Digital with 25MIU sensitivity and a First Response Early Response Test. They both came up positive! I was very happy, but a little nervous. Is it bad if the test result comes up positive with 25 MIU tests 5-7 days after your period is expected? I am already SO excited, but we won't tell anyone because we're afraid it will go away. This happened once before about a year ago. So- what do you think? Could this be an early sign of miscarriage? Or am I just a late and low level hcg girl? Anxiously awaiting any help! THanks!
September 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Congratulations!!! What brand of 25ml tests did you use? Was it a blue or pink dye test? I would definitely go according to the digi's that you used.

Have you called your doctor yet? You can go in and have betas drawn to help ease your mind. It is a blood test that gives you an hcg number. The test is again done 2 days later and they compare the numbers. If they are going up then that is a good sign that you are off to a good start.

(((hugs))) Early pregnancy can be so hard!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Aw! I'm not sure, because when I tested positive, I wanted to avoid the let-down of the negative and I waited until I was 10 days late. By then, my bfp was a very clear line.

I hope that it's a positive and that it sticks for you! Definitely go to your doctor and get your blood drawn so they can confirm it for you and get you started with prenatal care! Good luck, and keep us posted on how it's going!

September 11th, 2011, 07:10 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any update?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search