HCG Levels

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone! I am now about 4 weeks pregnant and just went to the doctor today to get my levels tested. They just called and said the HCG went from 204 to 344 which has the doctors concerned because it didn't double in 3 days, but still rose, but still want me to come in on Monday for more blood work and Wednesday for the first ultrasound. The progesterone levels are fine though. They are concerned she said, but still want me to take the folic acid and do the blood work, etc. Is this normal, or has anyone experienced this? Thank you all for your help! I am just a bit concerned because this is my first one and I don't know what any of this means!! I did a HCG calculator thing on line and it said that it was normal, I just don't know!!
September 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I'm so sorry because I don't know anything about this! I never had my levels tested; nobody even wanted to see me until I was already 10 weeks pregnant! But I just wanted to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything turns out ok. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you (much easier said than done, I know!).

Take care, and keep us posted!

September 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome. Are they re-testing your levels? Not every pregnancy is textbook doubling of hcg. Good Luck with your ultrasound and keep us updated.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your next levels do more than double!
September 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Any update?

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

September 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I just got the call today from the doc! They went up to around 564 but still not doubling! They are concerned so I have to go in tomorrow for the ultrasound instead of Wednesday to make sure everything is "normal." I am nervous now because I just don't know what is happening!! My progesterone levels are all still good though! Any thoughts?? Thanks everyone! Your words of encouragement and prayers are comforting and very much needed!!
September 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Sweetie -

When things do not go as planned in a pregnancy it is extremely stressful. Your situation could be many things. Some could be: A vanishing twin (a twin pregnancy that one did not continue to grow), a normal pregnancy with just a slow grower, or a loss. No matter what the outcome we are here for you.

I had 4 pregnancy losses before getting pregnant with my miracle baby. I understand all too well the concern and fear you are feeling. Best of everything with your ultrasound tomorrow.... remember we are here for you - you are not alone in this. ((Hugs))

September 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Well I went to the doctor's this morning and the ultrasound revealed nothing! They said that since my hcg levels weren't rising like they should and not seeing anything in the uterus, it was probably ectopic. So I went back this afternoon and I had a shot of methotrexate to dissolve the pregnancy. The next step will be IVF, which the doctor is very optimistic about since I have exhibited I can get pregnant! So, needless to say, I am saddened by the fact that it didn't work this time properly, but also hopefully that since we know I can get pregnant that we just have to get me back to "healthy" and then move on! So there is still hope and that makes me thankful! Thank you to all of you for your words of encouragement! I hope to be back on here by the end of the year/beginning of next with a new announcement!!

Thank you Missy for your kind words! I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone and that people have overcome this!! I am so happy for you and your family! I am hoping to be there soon!!
September 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Oh Tracy - I am so sorry. I am so sad for you. I had a cervical ectopic last September - oh wow, a year ago today in fact. (((hugs))) With pregnancy loss you go through stages and one of them is anger and depression. If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. There is also a really great pregnancy loss board here on JM - you can find it here Pregnancy Loss - JustMommies Message Boards The girls there are great.

When you decide to TTC again there is also TTCAL (Trying to concieve after a loss). I still belong there as it was my "home" for 2.5 years You can find that board here Trying to Conceive after Loss - JustMommies Message Boards

((hugs)) Keep in touch, ok?

September 13th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry for your loss!

Missy123 Is it a good board? I will probably be joining it in December as I'm hoping that my dh and I will be trying in January.
September 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Thank you guys! I will definitely keep in touch with you! I am hoping to get back on here soon with new news! I am a bit depressed but not angry! I am just concentrating on the future and getting myself better so I don't jeopardize our future for having kids! I really appreciate the support! You are all great!
September 14th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hey Simone - You can also go to TTCOM (Trying to conceive older members) It is a slower board but one of the more "homey" places on JM. Trying to Conceive Older Members - JustMommies Message Boards

I am so sorry for your losses and your recent one as well. Don't give up hope, ok?

----------

Tracey - we are here for you!!

September 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I made a blog about my experiences thus far! If anyone is interested you can read it at tziebro . blogspot . com / 2011 / 09 / journey - to - parnethood

Just take out the spaces! Apparently you can't post links until you have 10 posts under your belt!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!
September 14th, 2011, 04:18 PM
make some more random posts so you can post the link - It would not work for me.

How are you feeling today?
September 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I'm doing good. A little bit of pain but I guess that's to be expected! Other than that, just concentrating on the future! How are you?
September 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ok just posting to get to 10 so I can post the link for you guys! LOL
September 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I had to take out the whole end after the .com and then I was able to see it.
September 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Tracey - I was able to read your blog. What a journey you have taken. Oh my!

There is also the TTCWMA Board here which is great as well. I was a member there when I went to an RE last year and did a few rounds of clomid and IUI before we ran out of money.

I am glad you found us here on JM - we are a pretty awesome bunch of girls.

September 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
That you are! I am so happy to have met you all!! You have helped me a lot!!
September 21st, 2011, 05:03 PM
((hugs)) How are you doing? How are you feeling?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search