Anyone sent one off to college yet???

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
My oldest is in her Sr year and still relies on me for sooooooooooooooo much. I'm worried she won't be ok when I send her off to school next summer. Anyone been through this yet??? And yes its wierd to be sending one to college and have one in the oven, lol.
October 7th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
No, not yet. My oldest is only 5 yrs old. LOL .

October 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
This is our first! Please don't make me think 17 years down the road, lol!

I was kind of dependent, too, but I did okay when I went off to college. It feels great to realize you can rely on yourself AND your parents!

October 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is 19 and in her second year of college. Yes, it is weird to have one in college and another on the way. My oldest will be closer in age to me than she is to this baby.

We didn't have the best transition year to college last year. My daughter was a late bloomer and decided to assert her independence last year, not calling us for weeks on end (we had to actually track her down), and turning my hair gray. I hope the transition year is better for you.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
October 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I know my daughter will be a late bloomer too, eek. Anyway thanks, they have to learn sometime right!
October 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! I have sent 3 of them...one girl and two boys...my daughter (oldest) has since graduated from college, but my boys are in their senior and junior yrs. It is a bit nerve wracking, and of course emotional...it's so hard to see them leave home, but also exciting to see them become so independent. That first yr is rough, but they get through it, and so do you
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

October 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
My oldest has finished 1 year of college and my youngest just graduated and we are looking at schools...

Very strange to now be planning a 3rd
October 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest 2 boys are in college. But they are still living at home and going to a community school about 1/2 hour from here. Next year we are moving down south and they want to stay up here - I have no idea how they are going to make it. Seriously they still depend on me to do laundry for them.

I hope it will be a great learning tool for them to be on their own.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 13th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I have a step-daughter from my 1st marriage that started college this year. She's awesome, and she's really excited we're having this baby!
October 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yah at first my oldest was upset because she felt that she wouldn't know this baby, but I assured her 1 that she would be very involved with her own life and 2 she can see her brother anytime she wants via webcam etc. She decided to stay within driving distance for college so she could come home when she wants to! Now today she tells me she is going to steal him and dress him up in her room etc... It was funny. She is so excited.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search