Anyone else having a much harder pg this time around?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
So I ask the doc about my tiredness and pain and he says all your numbers are great so I hate to tell you....I say, "your going to say its my age"....he says yes. Ug, anyone else really having a lot more contractions, pain, Lethargy and just plain no motivation this time around???/ Its killing me!
October 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My disclaimer is that after 2.5 years TTC and 4 pregnancy losses I am overly grateful to be having this baby.

But at age 42 this has been so hard on my body and mind. I had the worst morning sickness for the first 15+ weeks. It was so bad that before I got put on zophran I would lay in bed and cry. The zophran made me so constipated that I would cry out in pain for at least 3 hours a day just to go to the bathroom.

By 20 weeks I was getting BH contractions (at least 15 per day), rolling out of bed was a task that required a ton of moaning and grunting.

Now when I walk my pelvis feels like it is cracking in half and by the time I walk from one side of my apartment to the other I am out of breath. Tonight I sat on the floor and had to shout out to my oldest son to help me up as I honestly could not get up by myself. I have BH still and am crampy at times. I have no energy and feel like such a failure. I fail my family as I am barely able to do anything. I feel like the women on the shows where they weigh 600lbs and can't get out of bed.

I am scared of labor now and tear up when I watch the show a baby story. I have never had an epidural and really wanted another birth without one but if I feel this bad now how am I going to manage labor? It is making me depressed and scared.

This is nothing like when I had my boys. I had mild morning sickness, gained a ton of weight but still bounced around and went about my business and worked up until they were born. While there were times I was tired and needed more sleep I never experienced anything like this.

Sorry - did not mean to go all crazy on your post.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
ya, this has seemed more difficult. I was hoping for really bad morning sickness because I had that with the girls and for my body it seems to mean healthy baby. I def got the morning sickness, sometimes it seems as bad as before and sometimes not. The only real difference is I'm WAY more irritable, moody, sensitive, etc than I ever was with my 1st two. I think I'm getting mild depression and can't tell yet if it's due to the constant nausea and congestion or if it's something more serious so time will tell I guess.
October 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Missy that is exactly how i feel so no worries on the going crazy on my post. I have gained the least amount of weight this time but had every pg symptom in the book and then some. I told my dh before, "oh my pg's have been pretty easy", well gotcha!! I tell him his son is tearing me up. Thank goodness he is so supportive and never makes me feel bad for not doing much cause I can't. I am just really hoping that after I bounce back!!!

Yes emily, those are more of my problems this time. Moodiness, sadness, etc.. at times.

I had the morning sickness too the early weeks and the BH contractions kick my butt, but in the past week or two its been the indigestion, OMG!!! I am so happy to have my boy finally after the girls and totally happy to have a healthy baby, so yes I will suffer through it all for the end result!!!!! But it does help to know others feel this way too and I'm not alone. I notice even some of the younger gals on my DDc have problems so some of it is just pg.
October 13th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I always told my husband the same thing "how easy pregnancy was for me".... How I worked up until labor, how easy it all was...

Thank goodness my husband is so wonderful and tells me how I am too hard on myself and that I am doing a great job and our baby is going to make all this worth it. He is so gentle with me.

I am so glad you brought up this topic as I have been feeling so guilty. ((hugs))

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

October 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Veteran
I have hyperemesis this pregnancy so yes, it's been much worse this time around. Have lost 15 lbs, am on home health for daily iv fluids & may have to get a PICC line placed which really scares me. I just hope this is the worst of it and that it doesn't last the whole time.
October 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
I had a great pregnancy with Tegan (born in February of this year). While pregnant I had our 2, 3 & 4 year old sons to chase after..so I never stopped and was always on the go (still am!). So it wasn't so much the pregnancy but more just my daily routine. LOL

Congrats again Christine and welcome Quad girls. That's fantastic!

October 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
I had a great pregnancy with Tegan (born in February of this year). While pregnant I had our 2, 3 & 4 year old sons to chase after..so I never stopped and was always on the go (still am!). So it wasn't so much the pregnancy but more just my daily routine.
I really think you are part superhuman. Any woman that gets up at 5:30am to work out and runs around all day like you do has a big S on their chest in my book!

October 17th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
LMAO Missy.

October 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I was looking through the smilies and found you! ------->

October 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL to supermom, i have to agree! I am happy to have a 18 and 8 so i have nobody to run after with this pg. I have had some extra nesting energy from fri-tues and then died today, can't get off the couch. I was getting so excited to thinking it was getting better darn it, lol.
October 19th, 2011, 05:51 PM
The next time you get a burst of energy can you come over my house please?! It takes all the energy I have just to sit at my desk and get my work done. My poor house looks like an episode of hoarders.

October 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 37 and this past pregnancy was the hardest of all for me. I had my sons at 22 and 24 yrs of age and aside from some morning sickness the first trimester, they were a breeze. This time around was horrible. I had morning sickness (read - all day nausea and occasional vomiting) until the very last day. Terrible heartburn, too. I lost all energy and ambition at around 28 or so weeks. I was always tired, achey, nauseous, and had frequent, uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions. Not to mention the swollen ankles and feet. I was a mess!! I'm beyond thrilled and thankful that my little girl is here and would do it all again for her but it was not pleasant at all. I do wonder if it was my age that made this time around so miserable.

October 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kara, that's what my doc tells me cause i'm normally a very active do it all kind of person. This pg as stated above has been like i'm a different person. Everytime i bring up all the pg problems, he says, I know you don't want to hear this, but since everything looks good otherwise, its your age! UG!

Are you getting you energy back now or is it too soon? I want to know there is light at the other end, lol!
October 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsleeve71 View Post
Are you getting you energy back now or is it too soon? I want to know there is light at the other end, lol!
Ditto!

October 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I have three kids 15, 11, and 8 and this pregnancy is nothing like theirs. I am way more nauseous this time around, but luckily this past week it has gotten a little better.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
October 31st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad its getting better for you and good luck that it isn't too hard on you. All I have to say is I can't wait to have my LO in my arms and as much as I wanted him and can't wait, I never want to be pg again, lol!!!
November 9th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
I always told my husband the same thing "how easy pregnancy was for me".... How I worked up until labor, how easy it all was...

Thank goodness my husband is so wonderful and tells me how I am too hard on myself and that I am doing a great job and our baby is going to make all this worth it. He is so gentle with me.

I am so glad you brought up this topic as I have been feeling so guilty. ((hugs))
Missy, you ARE being too hard on yourself. Anyone that has known you for any length of time knows that you're a wonderful person who does so much for other people. Chill out and let people take care of you for once. It probably makes them feel good to be able to help you.
November 9th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
Missy, you ARE being too hard on yourself. Anyone that has known you for any length of time knows that you're a wonderful person who does so much for other people. Chill out and let people take care of you for once. It probably makes them feel good to be able to help you.
Courtney - you rock!! xoxoxoxo

Only 8 more days to go - Red is getting nervous, it is so cute.

November 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Missy, I wish I were that close!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search