Continue with relationship?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Here's my story! lol

Divorced 37 year old Mom to two boys (ages 14 and 11). I have always been adamant about not having any more children, in fact have made it a "rule" to only date men who have children of their own in order to eliminate the possibility of someone wanting me to be their "baby mama"

Broke my own rule about 5 months ago started dating a man 5 years younger, never married, no children. He's awesome and great with my boys. here's the problem- believe I am falling in love with him :s and SURPRISE my maternal hormones have kicked in! UGH! trying to decipher if this sudden desire to have a baby is coming from somewhere internally or just a result of this relationship.

Am aware that I cannot continue this relationship if I dont want to have more children (he wants kids)

Feeling confused and scared to make the wrong decision.

Anyone with similar experiences?
October 31st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
I thought I was done for years and here I am 40 and pg, lol. I got remarried 5 years ago and though we have 4 girls between the two of us, he is my soulmate and we wanted to combine our families, have one the is "ours" and maternal instinct had one last huge hurrah! All I have to say is its been so much harder on my body this time around and I will be glad to have him (finally a him) on the outside and have things all tied up!!

Not crazy for the maternal stuff to kick back in at all. I tell people all the time, don't be surprised if you change your mind. Nothing is for sure!
November 1st, 2011, 05:41 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
I'd say just follow your heart and see what happens Good luck and keep us posted

November 1st, 2011, 04:51 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a single mommy for 15 years and raised my boys on my own. While I thought I was done having children, those thoughts stemmed from my own insecurities of not being in a good relationship.

It was actually my idea for us to have this baby and I am 42. He always wanted a child but married me knowing that we probably would not physically be able to have a child. SURPRISE!!

Go with your head and heart. Sometimes what is really good for us is right there and we don't realize it.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Thank you so much for your advice I am really glad to have found this place! It's not a subject I have wanted to discuss with anyone, probably because I don't want to hear the "are you crazy?!"

After reading all the positive stories here I realize that this is something I want to do, a little girl would be lovely! He is a really good man who I can actually see a future with (for the first time in 15 years :s)

So, I guess guess I need to quit my coffee and diet pepsi habits! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search