Hi! 37 and pregnant w/ my 6th!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Charity. I'm pregnant w/ my 6th baby due in June. I have 5 boys already so of course hoping for a girl, but doubtful we'll get one. I'm a pediatric private duty nurse...luv my job. I'm 37 and will be 38 in Feb so of course I'm treated like a geriatric pt at the OB...lol. This pregnancy already has me feeling WAAAAAAAY worse than any other b/4!! If I didn't know I was pregnant I would think I'm dying w/ terminal cancer I feel so bad! I've had 5 sections so this will most certainly be my last. I'm not trying to set any Guiness Records here! I'm new to this forum but not new to JM but trying to "branch out" this time and get to know more people and get more info!

November 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Charity! Congratulations on your BFP! I know what you mean, I have 3 boys and honestly if this baby was another boy I would have been just as excited as I am now.

Can I say (without getting your hopes up) that I have been so much more sick than I ever was with my boys and I am having a girl? Maybe for you too?

How far along are you? When are you due?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'm only 7 wks today. Due June 21 but probably be delivered around June 14th if not sooner due to needing a c-section.

November 3rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Congrats and welcome. I'm 40 and seriously geriatric ob patient, lol!! I will say though that this one has kicked my butt! I have 2 bio DD's and 2 Step DD's, this will be our first together and finally a boy, yay!!! Opposite of you. I hope you get your girl to complete your family and wish you the best through your pregnancy!
November 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Congratulations and pink dust for you! I am also 37 and pregnant with #4. I have felt like absolute crap this time too...wonder if it has something to do with our age? Since I am midway thru my 15th week now, the nausea is getting better though. Work is a different story though. I work fulltime as a pediatric oncology nurse and the 12 hour shifts are biting me in the butt right now.

Barbara 37
Bill 39
Lexi 15
Jeremy 11
Dylan 8

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
November 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Hi! Welcome! I'm 39 and pregnant with my first; I know the geriatric feeling -- all my paperwork says "AMA" on it.

I hope you get your baby girl, and that you start feeling better soon!

November 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexzmom View Post
Congratulations and pink dust for you! I am also 37 and pregnant with #4. I have felt like absolute crap this time too...wonder if it has something to do with our age? Since I am midway thru my 15th week now, the nausea is getting better though. Work is a different story though. I work fulltime as a pediatric oncology nurse and the 12 hour shifts are biting me in the butt right now.
I'm also a peds nurse. I do private duty vent and TBI pts. I know what you mean. I do 10-12 hr shifts 5 days a week and it's killing me to. I know I'm not gonna be able to hold out much longer and am gonna have to cut back my hrs some but w/ 5 kids already it's not gonna be easy. The worst part however is just dealing w/ all the smells at work right now! The ms is bad enough w/o something aggravating it. I normally have an iron stomach and nothing bother me but lately even regular old poopy diapers are sending me over the edge, let's not even get into the suctioning and wound care... I'm so ready to get past this icky stage!!

Thank you to everyone else. I really do think it's our age that makes the pregnancies a bit harder. With each baby I've been a couple yrs older and the symptoms seem to amplify w/ each year. My body is like "OH HECK NO! NOT AGAIN!!" I do have to say though that once my LO's get here I revele in the fact that I'm a "seasoned" momma and not young and anxious and full of self doubt the way I was w/ my first in my early 20's.

November 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi Charity!

Joanne your cohost. Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. That's amazing and wonderful that you have 5 boys. I have 3 little boys age 5, 3.5 & 2.5 and in February at age 42 I had my first daughter We are still shocked and can't believe it! LOL. Sending you all the pink dust I can muster up. So excited for you.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Joanne

November 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Joanne! OMG your little girl is soooo adorable!!!! Of course your boys are too, but my eyes are always drawn to pink and frills...lol! Thank you for the pink dust! I need lots! I don't want to get my hopes up b/c I know I'll live the baby no matter what but it would be nice to have one other person in the house to help me to fuss about the toilet seat being left up!!!!!

November 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you. Did you join a due date? Keep us posted here...I'll be lurking and hoping for you

November 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yes I'm in the June DDC. I'm hoping to find out fairly early b/c I opt for amniocentesis so that usually between 11-13 wks if I remember correctly.

November 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Great. I'll be lurking on you The amnio is typically done around 16 weeks if I'm not mistake. A CVS test which is what I had done is done around 11/12 weeks.

Keep us posted. Eeek!

November 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I will be 43 at this delivery. I delivered by last baby at 40 and that pgcy was only a little more difficult than the others.

Thankfully, I've never been labeled or treated differently due to age because I deliver my babies at home.

This pgcy I'm eating a more raw foods diet and I believe it's going to help a lot.

Congratulations!

dd SK (closing in on 15)
dd AB (12.5)

ds TJ (10.5)
ds SR (7.75)
dd LG (5.5)
edd @ Aug 6
seven babies perfected in heaven

Last edited by MamaFish; November 15th, 2011 at 01:59 PM.
November 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm Brandy (38) due with my third boy. I really wanted a girl especially since this is our last. I hope you get your girl!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search