Pregnant 20 years later

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hi, I am 38 years old, and I recently discovered that I was pregnant. I have 1 daughter who will be 20 in January. Needless to say, this pregnancy came as a shock.
I am very afraid to go thru with the pregnancy. My mind is in total confusion. I spent 2 weeks crying after I got my pregnancy results. And I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I feel like I just don't know how to adjust to any of this. I'm more afraid now to be a new mom than I was at 18.
I feel so devestated,
November 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Super Mommy
I have a 20 & an 18 year old and just turned 41. Part of me is a little daunted about going through this all again, but then I think about how much I've learned since my girls were little and I really believe that as older mothers we can be so much better this time.

Is it just that it's been so long since your last baby that has you so stressed or are there other things going on in your life causing you to feel so bad?

November 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Just wanted to give you a hug. It'll all work out just fantastic.

November 21st, 2011, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
I have an 18 year old and an 8 yr old so though it hasn't been as long its still feels new when its 9 years in between. About to do it again, so I feel you! I'm 40 and 4 weeks away from our little boy! Hope everything works out for you.
November 22nd, 2011, 06:17 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm new to the over 35 board too, but I so feel for you. Your post sounds a lot like I felt after I first found out I was pregnant this time. I'm 37, will be 38 by the time baby comes. It was definitely an idea that took some getting used to - and I totally hear you on being more afraid now than with your first.

My oldest is 16, so not quite 20 yrs later for me, but I think I just wasn't mature enough then to realize just how BIG having a new baby is - that is why you are scared - because you are smart and mature and you know. After getting over the shock though, we are happy to have a new baby to bless us. I'm not looking forward to the dirty diapers or midnight feedings, but I also have the knowledge that the hard part passes and they get older and more fun too. Think of all the closeness and good times you've shared with your daughter - you are going to be fortunate enough to get to do that again!

Give yourself some time to adjust - it is big deal. Be kind to yourself over the next weeks as you decide how to handle this new development in your life. I know you will figure it out. ((hugs))
Once a decade, right?

November 27th, 2011, 10:25 AM
New to this board as well but wanted to give you some ((hugs)).

Married 12 years
Mother of two wonderful boys: Jack (11) and Isaac (5)
December 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I have boys that are 20, 19 and 16 and my 2 week old daughter. Honestly I feel like I have so much more patience now than when I was in my 20's and am so grateful for my newborn!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Tags
20 years , confusion , devestated , shock

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search