CVS sampling

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
We had our NT ultrasound and CVS sampling on Thursday. Everything on the US looked great, but as expected my bloodwork and age put me at a 1 in 44 chance of Down Syndrome. We aren't too worried because the baby didn't physically have any indicators, it seems to mostly based on my age (41).

Has anyone else done CVS?

December 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Super Mommy
The results came back and the baby is healthy and a girl! We were so relieved to get the results so quickly and to know that our little one is OK.

Now just another 6 months until we meet her

December 14th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Glad everything came back good. i didn't see this post of would have responded sooner! I had the cvs and was one of the few that had a lot of pain with it and then had to wait the full 2 weeks to get news. I was a wreck but in the end everything was perfect and we knew early we had our boy finally. It makes the worry for the rest of the pg much easier! Good luck with yours.
December 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
I wasn't looking forward to the test itself, but it was worth it. I am so happy to be having another girl and knowing that she is healthy has just made life so much easier.

Now just getting through the next couple of weeks and then hopefully all the 1st Trimester yucks will be over.

Glad to hear that everything is good with you and that you are getting your boy.

December 28th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
I had a CVS test done and it went wonderfully.

December 28th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Super Mommy
Isabelle - I'm so glad the test went well. It's not a very difficult test, but it's still nerve racking since it is invasive, but it's worth it.

Did you get the results yet? Are you going to be finding out the gender?

December 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieR70 View Post
Isabelle - I'm so glad the test went well. It's not a very difficult test, but it's still nerve racking since it is invasive, but it's worth it.

Did you get the results yet? Are you going to be finding out the gender?
We actually had this test done last year in July 2010 We had 'normal' results and our baby girl just turned 10 months old last week - I had her in February of this year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search