New here...41 and just found out today!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tubyren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
I'm new here after doing a search...but I'm 41 and just found out today that I'm pregnant. My husband and I have been married for two years and have seven kids between us! I also have two grandchildren, ages two months and two years. This was completely out of the blue and I don't even know what to say. My husband and I are thrilled, but very much taken aback. I'm also terrified. I just want everything to be ok. I'm sure I'll be checking in here quite a bit and am looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing stories.
August 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Congratulations! How old is your next child?

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
The next oldest child is my stepdaughter, who is almost 7. My own girls are 18 and 22 and the rest of my stepchildren are 14, 16, 21, and 24. Like I said, this was a pretty big surprise but we are very excited!! We're going to wait until I'm through my first trimester before we spread the word, though. We've told a couple of our closest friends and we're going to tell our parents but that's it. Once we get through the first trimester, however, I think my husband plans on telling EVERYONE!!
August 3rd, 2012, 04:39 AM
Regular
I suggest you must at least visit a doctor. And as a pregnant woman, avoid being stressed. Congrats!
kaseysavanna likes this.
August 3rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
I'm calling today and making an appointment. I think I'm going to use the same doctor as my daughter who just had a baby in May. (Here is something I never thought I would ask my daughter, "Do you have any maternity clothes left that I could use?") My husband and I talked this morning about our plans and the stuff we're going to need. We decided that out of all the things life could have thrown at us, we're glad this is what was chosen.
September 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm back with some sad news...I started bleeding within the last week and I called my doctor this morning. He sent me in right away for a sonogram and blood work. I should be ten weeks, but measured at six with no heartbeat. I'm still waiting on the results from my blood work. I'm sad, but not devastated. I still have a beautiful family to hug and we'll get through this.
September 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry
September 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you for the kind words. The sonogram was on Tuesday morning and I miscarried on Tuesday evening. This week has not been easy, that's for sure. I had a follow up appointment with my doctor this morning. He wants me to come back in one week and have blood drawn so they can make sure my HCG levels are dropping like they should. So far, everything is progressing like they want it to and, and as long as that continues, nothing else will need to be done.
September 11th, 2012, 06:03 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss. (((hugs))) I had 4 miscarriages before having my daughter at age 43. It is one of the most emotionally painful things to deal with in life. Again, I am so sorry.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search