To have another or not???

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By AniLand
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By mom2brittnchris
  • 1 Post By anotherbabymaybe
  • 3 Post By calivalley
  • 1 Post By libbeylou

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
So im 35 with 3 kids ages 10,8,3 and i have always wanted 4! BUT now i feel like im on the "older side" and thats prob because i was 24 when i got pregnant with my 1st. Right now my husband and I are going back and forth with the idea of having #4... I just wanted to see how many of you out there might be in the same position. Im afraid to have another because of the risks but im also afraid that if i dont have #4 i will regret it down the road....hmmmmm
August 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 41 and going on my 7th! I was 32 when I had my 4th (finally a girl after 3 boys) and 39 when I had my 5th (new marriage) 40 with my 6th and now 41 with my 7th! Yes were higher risk, but even at my age, the odds are in our favor!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM
WOW 7!! thats great! I know in my mind 4 is my limit! LOL! All of a sudden its all i think about... I know we can have 1 more but then i get scared that im going to make it harder on my other kids because then they have to share a bedrooms and now they dont... How old are your kids?
August 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My limit was 4 with my first DH...never thought I'd have any more, EVER! Then life throws you a curve ball and here Iam, starting over agin, ITS WONDERFUL!

My kids are 19, 17, 13, 9, 23mo and 9mo. My oldest is in the Army (Germany right now) my 17yr old is graduating early and living with his dad a block away from my house and leaving for the Marines come this spring. So that leaves 4 at home with one on the way. The baby's share a room, and the new baby will share with the girls until my 13yr old graduates. (only 5 more years) so its perfect timing, lol.

My oldest boys shared a room until they were 8 and 10 I think, even though we had extra bedroom......once my dd was born, I gave her the room and made my 8yr old and 3 yr old share and gave my 10yr old his own room. Once my 23mo old was born, I made my oldest move to the basement bedroom and all kids had their room. Now were back to sharing again, but the oldest ones wont be affected, just the little ones.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go for it! There are always risks, no matter what your age, so don't let a number scare you. You're an awesome mommy, so follow your heart!
anotherbabymaybe likes this.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
August 16th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I am having baby #5 and will be 38 when it arrives. I was like you and not sure if I wanted to run the risks, and finally just decided that I would not feel complete without another and I wasn't getting any younger and the longer I waited the higher the risks (according to statistics) became so I jumped in with both feet! LOL
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

August 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I'm 43 expecting my 6th.

I certainly never regretted having #4

No one has their own bedroom here, and no one ever expects it. There's a girl's room and a boy's room

dd SK (closing in on 15)
dd AB (12.5)

ds TJ (10.5)
ds SR (7.75)
dd LG (5.5)
edd @ Aug 6
seven babies perfected in heaven
August 16th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Veteran
i am 36 and pregnant with number 6.
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

August 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
mom2brittnchris's Avatar TTC#3
I questioned it too. I just turned 35 and have two that are 13 and 11. I wasn't sure with my age I wanted to take the risk, but I so want another little one in the hse so we have decided to go for and TTC#3.

As others said, there are always risk involved with pregnancy at any age so don't let that stop you if you really do want another one
August 17th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks girls!!!! I think you are all correct! Just go for it! I dont know about you girls but if you talk about this stuff with friends they are like "your crazy" you want 4 kids??? LOL! but talking you ladies is great... 4, 5, 6, 7 kids wow!! but again i think its great but i know my personal limit is 4 and it will complete me. I guess as woman we just know. I have friends that have 1 & 2 kids and they knew they were done the second they had their kids. I think we are going to start trying in Oct! We are going to Disney in Oct so i dont want to try now and get pregnant and be sick while we are there! but at the same time i dont know how long it will take to get pregnant. With my other kids i got pregnant the 1st time we tried!
MamaFish likes this.
August 17th, 2012, 09:27 AM
mom2brittnchris's Avatar TTC#3
Good luck to you in you TTC journey
August 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
thanks!! good luck to you all too!!!!
August 26th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I think if you want another baby (if you even _think_ you want another baby) you will probably regret it if you don't do it. You're not too old!
August 27th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all your feedback!! My gut tells me to go for #4 my mind says NO! lol... I think its scary to get pregnant now...more than when i got pregnant with my 1st! I know what to expect and i know that the cute little baby will be one more child for my kids to fight with! BUT i have tried to just forget about it and be happy for what i have and i am!!! but i just feel like i will regret not having another..
August 31st, 2012, 08:59 AM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
You're still young! Go for it! It's the perfect time because all your kids will be old enough to help out, but the last two won't be too far apart in age.

I agree wtih the other mommas... you'll never regret having another baby, but you may regret NOT having another one.

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
September 4th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do it! If you are wondering now, you will definitely regret not doing it later. I'm 37 with a 5yo son and realized if we want a sibling for him, we really shouldn't be waiting for more time to just pass by. I didn't think I wanted any more after the birth of my son, but then our priorities changed I guess. I just got my BFP and am looking forward to being PG again. Have fun in your TTC journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search