Not quite 35 but maybe you all could help.

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By baabaamilker

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
Hi, I'm 34, mother of nine kiddos. Before baby number nine I experienced three consecutive miscarriages, and again after baby number nine I've now had three consecutive miscarriages. This miscarriages were all early, around 3 weeks or so. None of them were confirmed by urine tests. My husband who was a long time phlebotomist was able to do blood tests for each of them, but never did I get positive urine test.

I've been attempting self diagnosis as I like to stick with more natural remedies if possible. In my attempt to self diagnosis I've taken up temping to see if it will give me a little bit of an idea of what's going on inside. I've used cervical mucus for determining when I'm ovulating for years.

I'm currently on a TTA cycle. I'm pretty sure I have ovulated already this cycle and that we were successful at avoiding. What a relief it is not to be under pregnancy hormones and the suspense of hope and worry that the little one might not stick. So hopefully my body will right itself as we hope to avoid next month as well. The three cycles before this one were all miscarriages.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else who charts who might be having the same issue I am. Though I'm about 99% positive of when I ovulate based on observation of mucus by sight and sensation, my temperatures do not rise until 10-15 days after ovulation. I know this is a sign of something going wrong but I'm trying to figure out what.

If you have ever had this issue, now or before, and you were able to be diagnosed what was the diagnosis?

I'm currently trying to help in taking herbs to help create a healthy egg and corpus luteum as I know for sure from a test during one of the miscarriages before baby nine that my progesterone was very low.

Just wondering on the very rare chance there is somebody with temps like mine. I can't find any charts on Fertility Friend that resemble mine at all.

Thank you all so much.

August 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I can't give you any answers to your questions, but I can tell you that my naturopath has given me remedies that have regulated my cycles and to help prevent mc. A naturopathic doctor treats what's causing the problems, and sometimes many seemingly unrelated symptoms stem from the same root problem. That might be an avenue to look into. My cycles were anywhere from 35 to 60 days for 25+ years and now they're about 30 days.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 20th, 2012, 08:35 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I actually know of a naturopath doctor that I can go to. I changed my insurance just so I could. The really interesting thing is that we are in Germany with the military. So the naturopath Dr. is German. I haven't gone to see her just yet. I was hoping after these three miscarriages to skip a couple of cycles and see if things will even themselves out.

I too have had regular cycles, that is when I'm not having babies. My cycles range from 29-45 days. I've been self diagnosing and using Vitex, b6, maca, and royal jelly.

We'll see how these two cycles go, then we'll try again. If that is a failure then I will surely go and see her.

*irregular cycles*
MamaFish likes this.

August 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I hope it works out for you!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic