Anyone having 12 week testing done?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By missy123
  • 1 Post By sandel07
  • 1 Post By sandel07

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I am scheduled for a nuchal translucency scan in the middle of October. I have never had one and have heard mixed opinions about false positives, etc. Has anyone had this done? Anyone on the fence about it?
September 11th, 2012, 06:05 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I skipped all that and decided to go with an amino. It is a personal choice though. Some girls decide to go with the test just to get a chance to see their baby on ultrasound.
McKendon likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I had planned to do CVS, actually schedlued it for Tuesday am. Today I talked to a genetic counselor and due to my history (6 miscarriages) I am going to do the NT screening and MaternI T21 screening, if the blood test comes back positive I will have amnio.
McKendon likes this.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

September 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
toady11's Avatar Veteran
I did the NT scan with my son and just had it done a few weeks ago with this one. I like them, they are non-evasive and give a more accurate idea of any issues. I was negative (which is good in this case) and my odds went way down so it just gave DH and I piece of mind.

We have a pink little monkey coming in March!

September 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Today I had my NT screening, after the ultrasound the genetic counselor said that she feels my odds of have a child with Downs Syndrome has dropped from 1:56 to about 1:300 based on my measurements (1.2), she said once the bloodwork is completed it could drop even more. I also had MaterniT21 drawn too, with this test she said that if it comes back negative it will drop my odds to 1:25,000 to 1:50,000. I am not sure that this has fully sunk in yet, but I am starting to feel a bit better this afternoon.
McKendon likes this.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

October 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Wow. My doctor never told me I had the option for an NT scan. He did highly recommend an amnio at 15 weeks because of my age but he never suggested earlier testing. I have 5 more weeks until the Amnio and my husband and I are nervous wrecks. I will email him and ask him about this option - it might help with some of my worry.
November 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran
Obyn suggested doing it since I am 35
I did the nuchal testing last week. It was great, non invasive and we (hubby and I) got to see the baby for 45 minutes

My chances drop way down afterwards, so make us feel a whole lot better.

We decided not to have any more tests done, since our measurements were normal and the risks were somethinglike 1:3500 for down syndrome and 1:5000 for the other one

so if you can do one, I would. Just check for insurance because if they are not in the network, won't be covered., My insurance paid for the ultrasound but not the blood test, which was about $150

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search