39 & freaking out

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaseysavanna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone. I am 39 and around 5 wks pregnant. DH and I have been trying to concieve for a year. I had a blighted ovum/missed miscarriage back in March and it was the hardest thing I've ever been though. Now I am exstatic to be pg again, but terrified that something will go wrong again due to my age. I'm hoping to hear a lot of positive stories on these boards about "older" women having healthy pregancies and babies. Looking forward to getting to know you all better too.
Jodie
MamaFish likes this.
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats and welcome! Hope you have a healthy, smooth and happy 9 months!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

September 12th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Regular
I am 39, dont tell anyone that! , My pregnancy has been very healthy. True, i do have High blood pressure in this last month, but I am on modified bed rest and me and baby are still very healthy. I get checked twice a week now. Unfortunately high blood pressure, when you are older, can happen when you are pregnant. Your DR will monitor you and baby and they will do whatever it takes to get you to full term.
I say, Have positive thoughts throughout your pregnancy and enjoy it! You and baby will be great!!
September 13th, 2012, 05:51 AM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I can relate with the anxiety. I have had a total of 3 m/c and 2 healthy babies. This will be baby #3 for us. I haven't let myself get excited about this one because I want to be prepared for a loss if it happens. I have a feeling I will feel this way until I hold this one in my arms. I am 7w today and had an u/s last week and even saw the baby and the heartbeat, and I'm still anxious!
So, we are in the same boat. I am 37, will be 38 when I deliver. I have been proactive this time with my Dr. in requesting early blood work to make sure my hcg and my progesterone levels are where they need to be to carry this baby. My progesterone was low so I requested an rx for suppositories. I also requested an early u/s to put my mind at ease. Have you called the Dr. yet? Maybe you can express your concerns and see if they can do early testing, too.
September 14th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Regular
I'm 38 and will hopefully be 38 when the baby comes (due 3 days before my 39th b-day!).
I have a similar story, we accidentally got pregnant and miscarried in May very early on.

We decided to try for a month and see what happened. We got pregnant right away and now I'm 12 weeks!! No complications so far. Though I must say I can sympathize with your emotions. I want so badly to be excited about this pregnancy but my nerves get the best of me. I go in 2 weeks to finally hear the heart beat by doppler. (haven't heard it since 7 week u/s)
Hang in there.
September 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm 37, will be 38 when baby is born, was 32 when I had my first. I'm about 5 weeks too now so hopefully I see you in the May DDC. It took us 7 months to get PG with our DS and just 2 months after going off the pill with this one and my last pregnancy was smooth sailing so hoping for the same again - but can't help to worry constantly anyway! The only time I can stop worrying is when I'm working and I'm forced to put all of my concentration on that instead. I have a neighbor who went through a lot to get her twins via in vitro and then she got a surprise pregnancy at 42 with her son so I wouldn't worry, just go with the flow and hope for the best.
September 16th, 2012, 02:28 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome! Im turning 42 a couple of weeks after this one is born, so I can relate! I had 3 m/c's in 2009 before having my 5th baby. I was 38 when I had all the m/c's, got pg and had my first rainbow baby at 39 (she was my first with my new DH, I had 4 from a previous marriage.) I have since went on to have another rainbow at 40 (she's turning 1 next month) and now expecting my third rainbow after 3 loss's at 41. True that our eggs are less than perfect now, but if you weather the storm, a beautiful rainbow will come along!! Best of luck to you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search