Hi ladies

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Veteran
Wow, this board was quiet when I was more active before, maybe I need to liven it up.

My name is Karen, and I've been a member for a few years. After I lost our last baby, I lurked a bit, posted once or twice and then would only visit on occasion.

Now, we're thinking of "trying for one more month" this time, unless it already happened this month (9dpo - negative, 11 dpo negative, but not due for AF for 7 more days yet, so not sure if it is just to early, been feeling kind of crappy, especially after I eat something). See, after I lost the baby in 2009 (and had a really bad c-section in 2008), we hadn't really been trying, but we hadn't been preventing either. Just certain times of the month I would avoid. There is a part of my heart that is missing. Doctor didn't think there were any main reasons on why I hadn't gotten pregnant again, she mentioned my weight, which, yeah, I was and still am chunky, but that didn't stop us the other 3 times. But since April I have lost about 76#'s just by using portion control.

I worry about my age (43, soon to be 44), and she says that shouldn't be a problem either. Yes, I will be high-risk (was last time), though I didn't have any major problems until my final month of pregnancy, then of course a c-section that went bad.

But in the 3 years since we lost the baby, it hasn't happened. So, not sure it will this time around either.

It looks as I might be one of the older (over 35 moms here).

I'm hoping that this board can become more active. If I have to go streaking through here, I will.
We will never forget Lil' Bean #1 we lost on 4/23/07.

We will never forget our second little angel that joined our other angel October 2009. We miss you already baby.

October 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Don't know if people aren't having babies over 35 now or just not posting here lol.

I'm 38, currently 9 weeks PG with our 2nd, will be 39 when baby's born. I don't think it's ever too late to try! That's all you can do!

Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!

I'll try to stop in here and there and check in! Good luck with your TTC!
October 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Sorry I havent been on this board much either because it is pretty slow. As you can see from my signature I am 40 and 16 weeks......
Not to say it is easy to get pregnant and stay pregnant after 35 but it can happen. Good luck and will try to pop in here more too.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

October 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the replies ladies. Does seem kind of quiet. I know that there are women out there over35 having babies, just haven't found their way here as of yet.

We will never forget our second little angel that joined our other angel October 2009. We miss you already baby.

October 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish this board was more active. I check it almost daily, but there's usually not much going on. I'm 41. I had my first baby at 40 and am pregnant again! I'm so excited! I love, love, love being a mom. I'm looking forward to reading all about your journey too!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
October 21st, 2012, 09:36 AM
I think those of use that are older may be waiting awhile before joining any boards. I know I was lurking for the past weeks but I wanted to make sure I didn't MC before signing up for any websites. I am glad there are others like me that are over 35.

I'm 41 going on 42 and this will be my first child. Most of my friends have children in high school so the idea of a having a baby is a bit overwhelming to me right now. We have not told any family members yet because of the "drama" that surrounded my 1st MC - we are going to wait until after the amino.
October 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I lurk here, mostly because it is so quiet I am 38 (well i will be in 7 days! LOL) and pregnant with my 5th baby. I am the oldest woman in my family to give birth EVER (according to our immense family tree) so I have no one to ask questions of in regards to what is and is not normal for "older" pregnancies, and my last child was born 7 years ago so I am a bit out of practice
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

October 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the responses ladies.

We did try this month. I tracked to see when or if I was ovulating and we got a positive on the stick the late night before (20th) and morning of my birthday, so for the last couple of nights we have BD. So, now the wait starts.

I'll try to post more here, hang out, be an ear or offer any advice if I can.
Rebelmommy likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hi! I just joined and am 40, currently 5 1/2 months pregnant with my first. Despite my age it took 1 month of trying to get pregnant and my body has done well. No morning sickness at all, only 10 pds of weight gain despite loving food and no complications. I met the right guy later in life and didn't think I would have a baby this late in life!
Rebelmommy likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
@Karen46 Hope to hear about your BFP soon! @MAC27 Welcome and congrats!
Talon

October 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Welcome aboard Mac72.

Same way here, didn't meet the love of my life until I was 38.

October 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Veteran
So, here I sit 4/5 dpo. Wondering. Thinking. Wondering some more.

Hubby says I am. He knew my other times as well, long before I tested.

As he put it yesterday "the package has been delivered." Men have such a way with words.

Been having some mild cramping today. Also, got sick. Was feeling fine when I got up. Ate some breakfast and proceded to be sick about 10 minutes later. Plus a few joints hurt, my wrist is really aching and my tailbone, jeepers creepers. I do get the tailbone thing during AF, but it happens during AF not this far in advance, as well as bloating.

There is one thing that does worry me . . . I know that this probably sounds silly. But can you do anything that would stop implantation from taken place? Like something strenuous? Or is it pretty well protected in there.

We have a puppy. A big puppy and he pulls on me when I have him on the leash. Though it is just my arm and such, but I always wondered if something like that would hurt the little egg? Jilt it loose so to speak. I've tried to look it up and can't really find information on it. I know people continue to work their normal jobs throughout the first couple of trimesters and lift and twist, bend, etc. I know, I'm just being silly. But after loosing two babies, it makes me wonder on things.

I can't really talk to hubby on it because I promised him I wouldn't obsess about it this early and I wouldn't test until at least 10 dpo, which would be around Halloween.

Thanks for letting me air out my thoughts. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by Karen46; October 25th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
October 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately I am of no help here as i don't really know if strenuous things could prohibit implantation. i would think that they could not but I don't know
Talon

October 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran
I wouldn't think that they could either, but then I guess ya never know.

I think the next 6 days are going to go by slowly . . . kind of like for my little one as well who is just waiting for Halloween so she can get into her costume. It'll be hard not to test at 8 or 9 dpo which is when I got the positives on the tests for her.

ETA: Been doing some other finding of info and it appears that you can't jar the little dude or dudette loose. People go skiing, running, etc, in the two week wait and got BFPs.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, been let down before (many times) and I think this is just a 1-shot deal for us.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Last edited by Karen46; October 25th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
October 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'll be watching for an update with crossed fingers, legs, toes..LOL Everything that I can cross for you!
Karen46 likes this.
Talon

October 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran
Thanks ~ going to need the extra fingers crossed I think. Felt like crap yesterday, even sick a couple of times, today not so bad.

October 28th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Veteran
So want to test . . . .but only 7dpo. I doubt I am. Was feeling weird before and the "girls" were bothering me, which they never do, and all that is pretty much gone. The day I got sick I just must just been under the weather a bit

October 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
You have more will power than I did, I started testing at 8 DPO and got my barely there BFP that night Fingers crossed for you!
Talon

October 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Veteran
Yeah, I keep telling myself that I won't test in the morning at 8dpo. I got an early BFP with the little one, 9dpo in the afternoon.

Will I test in the morning. Maybe. I've noticed TMI alert (creamy cm and I never have that), so who knows, and I am still so bloated, and I guess the "girls" are still a little sensitive. Afraid to step on the scale tomorrow morning because I have a feeling it isn't going to be friendly to me. Just think my body is messing with me like it has any other time we did try.

Last edited by Karen46; October 28th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
October 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I noticed creamy cm with this pregnancy early on too which was new for me as I had never experienced that with my other pregnancies!
Talon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search