Family UGH!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By anotherbabymaybe
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By anotherbabymaybe
  • 1 Post By *Rosie*
  • 1 Post By jillviray

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Does anyone else have family members who think you should stop having kids after a certain amount??? I have 3 and we will be trying for #4 but my parents and inlaws say "omg dont you dare" WHAT??? They say 3 is enough... 1st of all i decide how many kids are enough. I feel like just because someone is happy with 1 or 2 kids and that completes them doesnt mean it completes me. I have always wanted 4. I know kids are expensive...we dont live out of our means, our cars are paid for my kids get what they need and we have no debt. SOOOOO i dont get why it annoys others.... just figured i would see if anyone else has people giving them crap about the number of kids they have? Family seems to think i have 3 kids im 35 so its time to move on with my life??? huh?
_____
Rebelmommy and Hokie Nicole like this.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url
November 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
ME! My mother was NOT happy when I told her we were having another, but I expected that. I didn't even tell her we were trying and am content with letting her think this was an oopsie baby. I find that even beyond family and friends strangers feel the need to tell me that I am crazy when they see me out with my 4 and my round belly. It is even worse when we have my step daughter with us..LOL I gave up caring a long time ago. I don't ask anyone for help in taking care of my children nor do I care about their opinions on how I should raise my family.
Like you we are debt free, don't live beyond our means, and my kids have everything they need (maybe not all the highly expensive stuff they want, but they have everything they need and a few things they want).
I hope you get your BFP soon!
Hokie Nicole likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
awww thanks!! it sucks because it makes me second guess whether or not to have another! My kids are getting expensive as they get older... my daughter dances she takes tap,jazz,ballet, and then does competitive tap & jazz classes so her dance bill is HUGE! my older son does Karate..again expensive. So i complain about it and my mother says "You complain so why have another if you cant afford the ones you have" i can afford them and if i have another my daughter doesnt need to do all those dance classes i think its a bit too much anyway..shes only 8! My other son just turned 3 and did tot soccer. So i do worry about having to scale them back with things but town sports are excellent and very inexpensive. But anyway....i know i could afford 1 more! and screw what other people say! I dont go around saying to people with 1 & 2 kids that they are crazy for only have 1 or 2 kids!
Rebelmommy likes this.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url
November 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
My kids don't do all the expensive lessons, they never have. We found a free weekly hip hop class that preforms at city functions and at the mall and retirement homes and such. It cost us $5.00 a girl for the shirts that they wear. My girls do cheer-leading associated with their school and it was 100% paid for, and in the summer we do parks and rec. If it was something expensive that my child really really wanted to do we would find a way to make it happen. Personally I think if you want another baby go for it, you will find ways to make all the things your children want to do happen. Good luck!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
It bugs me that people assume that we're done just because we have a girl and a boy.... I'm 95% sure we are done, but that's between me and DH.
anotherbabymaybe likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Veteran
You are big enough to decide how many children you want to have. As long as you can support their needs, there's no problem with that.
anotherbabymaybe likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran
We have one boy/one girl---and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, it's amazing the amount of people who say "Oh, you MUST be done since you have the perfect combination!" Well, I agree they're perfect--perfectly healthy and I'm grateful for them--but that my DH and I are more than happy to welcome more is up to US, and NO ONE else! DH's parents tried (in vain) to tell us "One of more than enough"---DH is one of 4, and when I asked my FIL one time "SO, which child of yours do you regret?!?"---he never bothered me with his frame of mind again. If 'they' are not paying my bills, 'they' have no right to tell me what size family me and my DH have

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search