Teenaged son just found out Im pregnant

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By sandel07
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 3 Post By babymama10
  • 4 Post By momto3brazils
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By BOYSxTWO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess he found my pregnancy test that I gave my husband and just called me asking me if that test was real. I said yeeesss... he said he hopes it disapears and that Im too old to have babies... wow.. just what a mother wants to hear from her son.. we just found out yesterday, but I have had 2 miscarriages and am not planning on telling family unless I make it passed 12 weeks, we of course were going to tell the kids if I made it a couple more weeks. sigh...

oh and Im 41 years old.

November 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Ouch.....my boys are also 12 and 14 and they are actually thrilled. I am sure your son will come around. GOOD LUCK!!!!
momto3brazils likes this.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

November 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
((HUGS)) That hurt My oldest is 18 and she was uncomfortable with the idea of us having a new baby at first.. I think it freaked her out more that I was "old" and going to have a baby. She has since come around and is very excited. I hope your son comes to see it that way as well!
Hokie Nicole likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

November 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Veteran
Oh my! Forgive him. Don't be depressed. That's only his opinion. Let him understand that having a baby in a family is such a blessing and you and his father want it so bad. Talk to him in a serious but gentle and calm manner. That's what my mom did when I was 18 and she became pregnant. I really found her too old to get pregnant but when my little sissy came out, wow! Everyone is just happy! God bless!
November 17th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Veteran
I really don't understand what is wrong of having a baby sibling. When I was 14, my mum gave birth to our 4th sibling and he was adorable, I cuddled him all the time and he grew up treating me as his mum (mum was working far from home). I think you should talk to him and tell him that every baby is a blessing just like he was and is. Good luck!
November 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It will all work out...My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 2. I am pregnant with our fourth. He is thrilled for this one, but wasn't at the beginning. He said he doesn't want me to have so much to do!!! But is the most fantastic big brother in the world. It is also a great lesson to learn about how difficult it is to raise a baby...for him to see it firsthand!! I actually think that all teenagers should witness it!!!! He will come around. You can tell him that your sorry he's disappointed but explain to him how important family is...no matter the age difference. They learn pretty quickly and it grows on them really fast!
mommy_to_nico likes this.
November 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Super Mommy
I just gave birth to our 10th baby. I am 40 years old. I have three children in their
20's and two of them have babies of their own. They said they were thrilled but dh and I could tell my oldest two had mixed feelings. But after a short time they were fine especially as my big belly began to show. My youngest child was 7 and no babies all these years until Nov 2, 2012!! We had a special surprise pregnancy and she was 8lbs 11oz and we are all so in LOVE with her. Patience is a must. Your son will come around. Just don't take any comments personally.
November 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks Ladies, we talked, well.. I should say my husband talked to him along with my eldest daughter who is 22 and has 2 children of her own yes Im a grandma too. They told him that all his job was, was to be a kid and enjoy being a kid we have never taken anything from him by having a large family we are only adding one more person to love and to love back. I haven't posted much in any of the pregnancy boards as Im still nervous until I make it to the 2 nd trimester and that seems an eternity away.

November 21st, 2012, 09:02 AM
((HUGSS)) He'll come around.. I hope you have a healthy happy safe pregnancy journey and can't wait till you hit the "safe zone"
momto3brazils likes this.
Talon

November 27th, 2012, 04:01 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
i read this post before i got my own bfp, and now that i have it, i'm sure my soon to be 18 y/o will go like this , but he definitely wouldn't say anything crazy out of his mouth and he'll love his little sibling like he loves his lil bro (who is 5). they are 13 years apart and he was excited for him to be born. i think he'll be excited for his little bro to have someone to grow up with too. i'm glad your DH talked to your DS...he'll get used to the idea and come around...there's really no other option! HH9 months to you!.
December 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
Late post to the party, but just got my BFP last week. Oldest DS - 16 (17) next month was pretty indifferent. It was our DD - 11 (almost 12) who took if very hard. Ran out of the room, cried all night. It was heart wrenching. Hoping things will look up as time goes on and she sees that nothing will change for her. I may be a little tired for a few months but things will return back to normal.

She is worried about my health, how we will pay for college, get her a car, if she will have to babysit... the list goes on and on.

December 16th, 2012, 03:41 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmama View Post
She is worried about my health, how we will pay for college, get her a car, if she will have to babysit... the list goes on and on.
Sorry, but this made me chuckle. Funny how our kids just assume we plan to pay or fully pay for these things...
IBelieveInAngels likes this.
December 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
My mom had my brother when I was 14 and my college aged big brother never said anything, but I think it was awkward for him. He played more of a fatherly role to our little brother but was very involved once the baby came. I think he'll come around- it's jus weird for older kids sometimes. Remember being grossed out at 14 that my parents were obviously still "doing it" and everyone knew
December 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that happened to you! I'm sure he will come around. I am not sure how my children or my husband's family will react. Not really wanting to tell anyone.

February 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Hello and congrats to EVERYONE!!!

I read through this, and one thought that came to me was this: I remember talking to a friends grandma, and she said an age-old adage that it's amazing how every generation thinks it's the first to 'invent' sex.

I say this as I wonder if he's not to alarmed at having a baby sibling as much as your being pregnant---SIGH--GASP--HORRORS!!!!!---reminds him that his mom and dad are OH-EM-GEE---actually still DO IT!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!

LOL---I'm SO just kidding, but I wonder if that's a part of it. Suesue77 said it first, but I had me a good giggle this morning remembering my friends grandmother...and she said things get even better with age (with a broad wink ) LOL
February 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Aww, I am sorry to hear that. We had the "what if" convo with my 13yo step dau and my 7 yo dau. The 13 yr old said "I will walk back to Memphis if you are prego and I am not kidding." 7yo was like..."Can I dress her as a lady bug"...sure ya can.
March 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahh I think its sweet, your baby will get to play with your grandchildren! I hope your son comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmama View Post
My DH's parents had 5 kids, two have their bachelors degrees, one a masters and DH has his PhD. ALL got scholarships and or paid the rest on their own. His parents didnt make enough to pay for it even though academia was very important to them as their father ran private schools. Kids can get their degree's if they work at it, its not all on the parents
May 2nd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I am currently 36, 37 in Nov. and we aren't even going to start ttc until March when my DH has a vr. We currently have 4 between us, but only one is bio mine. We have been talking to the kids casually about it, the oldest (12) is indifferent, my son (10) is thrilled that he will have a sibling that lives with him all the time, and rooting for a boy if/when we have one. I really want a girl lol. The youngest two (girls, 8 & 6) don't really have an opinion yet, but their aunt just had her first (last Saturday) and they were ooing and ahhhing over her It does worry me that I will be 37 when we begin trying and 38 or 39 when we actually have one (if we are blessed) was it any different for you guys being pregnant and older?
May 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
For me, my pregnancy at 38 was easier then any of the others, with the exception of a lot more testing being done
Talon

May 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I am 41 and I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. I have a 14 yr old son who is my only child. I have had 4 miscarriages and one ectopic. So fingers crossed for this baby. I told my son when he was 9 I was pregnant (which ended in mc) and he told me I was disgusting for having sex and wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks. Now I told him and he said I don't care. It is yours and I want nothing to do wiht it. Don't asl me to help. I will never acknowledge it. How nice. Such support. I guess that is what you get from a selfish teenager.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search