Just got hpt! Shocked... lol..gotta come here and talk to you guys!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl
  • 1 Post By alic3204
  • 1 Post By Kbleksmom
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So.... I have 4 kids.. 1 m/c so, this will be #5. I am completely shocked. We're not exactly trying. I kind of put that all behind me. What's funny is that I bugged dh for 3 of my kids, and now he actually seems happy and I'm well, I don't know. My youngest is 4. In my mind, I figure 42 is the cut off. Well, I just turned 43 two months ago. I don't know if I'm happy or not. I don't know what to think. I thought all my symptoms were unrelated. I haven't been on any b/c for about 8+ years. I have a 19yo, 14yo, 7 yo, and 4yo.. I don't think we'll tell anyone for awhile. I dont' even know if anyone will be happy... well, I'm hoping to have a place to ask questions and share milestones here...I'm sure I'll need some "old lady" advice LOL .

January 4th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
well, welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope it goes well. I am Stefanie, 41 (in a week or so) I am on baby number 7 . What is your due date?
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasgirl View Post
well, welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope it goes well. I am Stefanie, 41 (in a week or so) I am on baby number 7 . What is your due date?
Thanks for actually replying papasgirl! I don't have an appt. until next week, but my calculations are Aug 24-Aug 28th.. I have irregular periods, but I keep track of when dh and I bd, because we don't use any b/c. Congratulations to you too! Noone knows yet except my mom and we're keeping it that way for awhile. OH- btw, I have a Lily too! She's 4.

January 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Hi Papasgirl, welcome and congratulations I am a newbie here

I hear you on whether others would be happy. I am 41 yrs old and certainly never saw myself doing this at my age...lol I hate the extra tests and stress of having a baby later on in life. I was and am worried that everyone will think she's too old...lol We only told my mom and dh's parents because of the genetics testing coming up and then we'll announce.

However, unintentionally we got pg in Feb of this year and dh suggested we try for #3 I have to be honest I went back and forth for a while (didn't want to wait too long before deciding either) and finally decided to go for it. Now I am pg and my dr. says it's a boy, I have two little girls, but I have a more detailed us in early Feb to get a more accurate opinion.

Yikes! This was long...lol Good luck!!!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Super Mommy
I just found out that our #7 is on the way. I figured I would come over here with the "experienced" ladies.....I didn't say old lol!

I'm Jennifer and congrats to you other ladies!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alic3204 View Post
Hi Papasgirl, welcome and congratulations I am a newbie here

I hear you on whether others would be happy. I am 41 yrs old and certainly never saw myself doing this at my age...lol I hate the extra tests and stress of having a baby later on in life. I was and am worried that everyone will think she's too old...lol We only told my mom and dh's parents because of the genetics testing coming up and then we'll announce.

However, unintentionally we got pg in Feb of this year and dh suggested we try for #3 I have to be honest I went back and forth for a while (didn't want to wait too long before deciding either) and finally decided to go for it. Now I am pg and my dr. says it's a boy, I have two little girls, but I have a more detailed us in early Feb to get a more accurate opinion.

Yikes! This was long...lol Good luck!!!
We don't plan on telling anyone until after my first appointment next week. It's strange- I just don't really want to tell anyone. I keep thinking they will all "judge" me/us.. it probably won't be everybody, but alot of them- oh well. I guess I shouldn't worry about it. Who cares, huh? What matters is what we think.

January 10th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!!!!!

January 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
. I dont' even know if anyone will be happy... well, I'm hoping to have a place to ask questions and share milestones here...I'm sure I'll need some "old lady" advice LOL .
I know what you are thinking. I am 39 with an 8 and 10 year old. I felt embarrassed to tell anyone that I am pg at my age (still have not told work and I am nearing 18 weeks). I was concerned no one would want this child (DH is so relaxed. I think he is getting really excited). I was wrong. Our families were shocked. However, they are getting so excited. Yes, I feel old and odd to have another child. Nonetheless, how can family not love another grandchild. Hope the same is true for your.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

January 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I know what you are thinking. I am 39 with an 8 and 10 year old. I felt embarrassed to tell anyone that I am pg at my age (still have not told work and I am nearing 18 weeks). I was concerned no one would want this child (DH is so relaxed. I think he is getting really excited). I was wrong. Our families were shocked. However, they are getting so excited. Yes, I feel old and odd to have another child. Nonetheless, how can family not love another grandchild. Hope the same is true for your.
Thanks Kim. STill very apprehensive. I'm 9 weeks now and don't really want to tell anyone until I have an u/s, and I can't do that until I change my insurance and settle on a doctor. I've been sick for a week and haven't been able to do anything! I only told two friends and mom and sister, that's it!

January 20th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is strange and difficult at the start and improves. So many emotions. I worried about everything. The worries dissipate the further along you get. I am glad you were able to tell your family. We waited until about 14-15 weeks to even do that.

January 20th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
So.... I have 4 kids.. 1 m/c so, this will be #5. I am completely shocked. We're not exactly trying. I kind of put that all behind me. What's funny is that I bugged dh for 3 of my kids, and now he actually seems happy and I'm well, I don't know. My youngest is 4. In my mind, I figure 42 is the cut off. Well, I just turned 43 two months ago. I don't know if I'm happy or not. I don't know what to think. I thought all my symptoms were unrelated. I haven't been on any b/c for about 8+ years. I have a 19yo, 14yo, 7 yo, and 4yo.. I don't think we'll tell anyone for awhile. I dont' even know if anyone will be happy... well, I'm hoping to have a place to ask questions and share milestones here...I'm sure I'll need some "old lady" advice LOL .
Congrats! I am 38 and pregnant with #5, my oldest will be turning 19 8 days after this little ones due date. I know what you mean about feeling people might judge.. ya know what? Who cares if they do, it is your body, your life and your new sweet baby! They all eventually come around I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
onemoremakesfour likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
It is strange and difficult at the start and improves. So many emotions. I worried about everything. The worries dissipate the further along you get. I am glad you were able to tell your family. We waited until about 14-15 weeks to even do that.
Here I am almost 19 weeks and DH has not told his family yet!!! Pretty sad that we live about an hour from them and haven't seen any of them since Christmas. My big U/S is tomorrow, and we'll be going to the in-laws for Easter, so I guess it's time to fess up!

March 29th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hoping you get great news today!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Hoping you get great news today!
Thanks! It's a GIRL! (#4 for us)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: