Back again

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grand_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I joined this forum last fall under a different name, but ended up miscarrying. The pregnancy was a complete surprise, but my husband and I were SO excited. We were extremely sad when I miscarried and we decided to try again.

Yesterday, I took a pregnancy test and it turned out positive. My period wasn't even late yet, but I just had a feeling I should test. I'm three weeks and four days along...I can't believe I found out so early! I'm excited, but I'm cautiously excited. I am terrified of miscarrying again and certainly never expected to find out so early that I was even pregnant. I'm also nervous because I've been spotting a tiny, tiny bit. I've read about implantation bleeding but I'm still scared to death of losing this baby too. Unfortunately, only time will tell how this is going to turn out.

I guess I should also mention that I'm 41. (I'll be 42 in June.) My husband and I already have children (and even grandchildren!) from previous marriages, but we would love to have a child together. We hadn't planned on having children together before our surprise last fall. So, now, we're keeping our fingers crossed for a successful pregnancy.
February 7th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9 months. You may want to call your OB or care provider early (as a precaution due to your previous loss). Again I hope to see a post from you in 9 months telling us all about your precious little one!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelmommy View Post
Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9 months. You may want to call your OB or care provider early (as a precaution due to your previous loss). Again I hope to see a post from you in 9 months telling us all about your precious little one!
Thank you!

I called my doctor this morning to see what our game plan should be. He was out of the office, but is supposed to call me back tomorrow. I was just going to wait until I was twelve weeks to even go in, but then thought better of it.

I already feel differently with this pregnancy than I did the last one, if that's even possible.
Rebelmommy likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ahh congratulations!
February 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraWinter View Post
ahh congratulations!
Thank you very much!
February 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!! m/c can be scary... but, it doesn't mean it'll happen again! Hoping for a happy, healthy pregnancy for you!

February 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
Congratulations!!!! m/c can be scary... but, it doesn't mean it'll happen again! Hoping for a happy, healthy pregnancy for you!
That's what I keep telling myself, but it's hard to push it out of my mind. I actually feel better about it all today than I did when I posted this. The spotting has stopped completely and I have started thinking about "baby stuff."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search