Hi everyone! 40 here.

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IBelieveInAngels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hello - I remember being on here 8 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. She will be 8 in July. I am pretty shocked after taking a preg test yesterday....it turned postive in about 3 seconds! I am 40 and will be 41 when the baby is born.

We didn't expect or plan this but we believe it's meant to be so we are happy! I will be getting a test at my doc next week to confirm.

Only thing I am afraid of is miscarriage. Never had one but they say the chances over 40 are higher...

Hope to get to know you all!
February 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran
Hello and congratulations mama!!!

Well (NOT to be a scary negative doom gloom chick) my mom had 4 miscarriages between ages 24-37...and at 38 is when she had a bigtime surprise BFP with me .

I pray for you a healthy pregnancy and delivery!!
February 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks! I am not sure why my nerves have gotten to me. No reason to believe I would mc but I guess because of the age, it had made me a bit nervous! Confirmed pregnancy @ doc yesterday and they say I am around 6wks 6 days.
February 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Veteran
Well I think you're having a very valid reaction to a surprise situation! At my last OB appt, I asked my doctor if I aught to hang it up when it comes to having more kids (I'm 38)---and his literal reply was "I don't start monitoring 'high risk' pregnancies until the mother is 44." **44**!!!!

Aw mama---congratulations! When is that due date? About September...?
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Congratulations! I too am 40 and expecting my 4th child in August. I can totally understand you being worried of miscarriage. I was so paranoid in the beginning, but now that I am finally in the 2nd trimester I am starting to feel less worried:-) Hang in there, and all though everything you hear is so scary, the majority of women our age go on to have healthy beautiful babies:-)
February 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I guess because everyone talks about the 40 like it's the doomsday age! lol. I feel fine. Have another appointment tonight at 6pm just to go over medical history etc. Then they will schedule the ultrasound etc.
February 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Veteran
I'm 40 and will be 41 when this baby is born as well. Though this is my first pregnancy. I saw my doctor at 7 weeks and she said everything looked perfect. Baby was measuring perfectly, I was off 2 days from LMP. Baby is positioned perfect, there is no blood, I have had no spotting at all. I have a 10 week appointment soon and she said if it looks normal, we can even start telling people.
February 23rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 39 and due in June. I have been advised of every horrible risk. To date every test has resulted in a healthy girl

February 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. I am 41 baby due in August everything seems to be good so far. I am still a little nervous at times after 3 mc but the longer I stay pg the better I been feeling. Good luck to you.
March 16th, 2013, 03:19 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! A good friend of mine had her 1st baby at 43 just last year. She had a great pregnancy and a healthy baby boy!
April 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I am 41 now and I will be 2 weeks shy of 42 when the baby is (hopefully) born

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I was 39 when we conceived and turned 40 the next month. I'm due 10/17 with my 3rd baby {4th pregnancy}.
May 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Regular
Tracy: great! It's always nerve wracking. I agree that it can be morbid to hear others talk about pregnancy as if you must be able to carry one right off or you're defective; age is relative to other issues, too, so even though it only takes one bad apple to spoil a bunch, it is more precautionary than fact "only." Try not to let it get to you.

I can't believe DH went ahead and told people the next day! I was hoping to wait until I was 8 or 9 weeks...lol.

Weee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search