Wonder how many of us will have twins

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mommy Ree
  • 1 Post By full0grace
  • 1 Post By mommyluneyburd

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
With every pregnancy I always wondered...is it twins? I've always wanted twins and now I'm over 35 so my chances are better. Guess I'll know in about 4 more months!
IBelieveInAngels likes this.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy to be
Well I am 34 and said I didn't want kids for a number of reasons but recently DH and I have felt it was time and felt a number of things were leading usin that direction.......funny enough I always used to say 'well I don;t want kids but if I do get pregnant it should be twins..a boy and girl twins' then he would laugh, call me nuts and say you don;t want one but you;d wish for two....hahaha..

I'm stiil TTC my first so not preggers yet which means when it happens I'll be 35 when I deliver, so I guess I'm allowed to post on this board now
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Last edited by left_field; August 12th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
March 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I've been reading about this and the chances are a lot higher than I thought, maybe as high as 10%, obviously if more than 1 embryo goes in then there is going to be a chance.
March 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Wow... I never even considered this possibility. I'm 37 so I guess I should prepare myself for the possibility.
April 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a statistic! Non fertility twins with no family history of twins ever. I turn 35 next week.

April 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Regular
I'm 40, turning 41 next month, and 1st pregnancy via IVF. Implanted 2 on day 5 and waiting to find out if there's 1 or 2 with first ultrasound next week!
IBelieveInAngels likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran
This has definately been on my mind too. I am still breastfeeding my youngest, which apparently boosted my chances as well!
July 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Twins come up in my family every second generation, however both ladies that gave birth were in they early 30's, so...I'd say it is varies.
July 22nd, 2013, 12:38 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All mine have been born or will be born in my thirties and all were singletons. The last two really had me sweating though ha ha
July 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Veteran
I have to admit I am a little nervous about twins. I am due in Feb. We have a family history of twins, every generation on my mom's side (sometimes 2 sets). My mom was pregnant with twins when she was my age, with 4 older children. Same as me. I am hearing the heartbeat for the first time tomorrow.......
LABs likes this.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

August 16th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I already have identical twins

I would love to have twins this time, my hubby is hoping for only one.

Twins are hard the first six months especially. For me, I think they are great after they are preschoolers and beyond... Good playmates and friends.

Last edited by AZtwinmomplusone; August 16th, 2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Typo
August 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Super Mommy to be
I still have names planned for twins in case it happens, lol.... yikes! lololol
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have also worried about it this time. I am 41 a plus size mommy and this is my 4th pregnancy ( 3rd child) I guess I will see when I finally get a US

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
August 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
This is making me smile. This entire thread. Why? Because my DH and I, just found out on Friday that we are pregnant.. wahhooo! We have a large family already, with a beautiful two year old... and I just turned 41... so, two more.. ohhh boy! (Or girl)

Excited to see how many of us find out we are having twins...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search