What should I expect?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mommyluneyburd
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran
I have some questions I am 35 and will be 36 when I deliver. What should I expect from this pregnancy? I know extra testing, but what testing? Anything else I should be prepared for?
Thanks!
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

June 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I just had my daughter on May 9th at the age of 39. Really it wasn't much different than when I had my son at 33. The only thing they did differently was that I had a NST and ultrasound every week after 36 weeks to check my fluid levels and baby's size - that was the only thing that they said they specifically did because of my age. No one, not even my Dr., said the words "advanced maternal age" - perhaps it's because we live in Boston and a lot of women here have children over 35 now, it's becoming more of the norm than the exception. I had the NT scan and blood draw, but they also did that with my son, and was offered an amnio if I wanted one since the chance of downs came back as 1 in 250, but my Dr said that was passing and I shouldn't worry about it, my daughter was born perfectly healthy. I had the GBS (group B strep) test done, but also had that with my son too. They also checked my iron and sugar levels often, and my blood pressure at every appointment but again, same as with first pregnancy. The only thing that was different for me personally for this pregnancy was that I felt it much more, I could barely walk by the end, it took a good toll on my body, whereas at 33 I flew right through the whole thing and bounced right back. My back and legs hurt, I'm just feeling older. Everything went great though and I was lucky to get a super easy baby so I can't complain. Don't worry about your age, at 36 it shouldn't be much of a factor at all! Good luck!
June 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Veteran
Thank you! I had my last son when I was 31, but I have been reading alot about being high risk due to age. It has been freaking me out. Glad to hear it should just be similar to my others. First dr appt is Tuesday, guess I'll know more then.
Rhonda66 likes this.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

June 30th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it depends on your Dr. I haven't had anything different with this pg at 35 then I did at 33. I talked with my Dr before TTC and he said that he doesn't put the advanced maternal age label until after 40. He saw no reason why I wouldn't have a healthy fifth pg. Of course then we got twins out of the deal somehow. So number five became 5 & 6!
mommyluneyburd likes this.

July 15th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing changed for me , I turned 40 in June and I am pregnant with number 5. I did have testing done (the m21 blood test) that was by choice. I feel more tired and older but it is easing up in the 2 nd tri. It could also be because I have 4 other kids to take care of and it's hot. Who knows!
July 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am 35 now and will be 36 when I deliver. My OB hasn't changed anything for me at all. It is exactly the same as when I had my previous children. I guess it just depends on the doc.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search