Joining this group

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran
Hi all. I am 36 and pregnant with my 5th. This one was unplanned--my other children are 13, 12, 9, and 6. I am 12w5d today and had my first official prenatal appointment (had one for bloodwork/etc previously). I hated hearing all the risks of being of advanced maternal age--which actually printed out as "elderly" on my paperwork. I also meausred a little bit larger--15 weeks. Dr. could only hear one heartbeat, but ordered an ultrasound for Friday morning to determine my correct dates. He also thinks it could be fibroids, which he said was more common in women over age 30 also. I'm pretty certain on my conception date, so I'll be anxious to see Friday's US results.
September 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Veteran
Welcome Tabitha!!! Great news! We are just a couple of days apart on our due dates. I'm 38, pregnant with my first, will be 39 when I deliver.

I was so annoyed at all the websites and books saying I was "high-risk" because of my age, so I asked my OB if she considered me high risk. She told me no! Since I am in good health otherwise, she said she sees no reason to call a 38-year old high-risk unless they develop a pregnancy complication like GD or something. She said she thought the guidelines for "advanced maternal age" would probably be shifting soon anyway, and age 40 would become the new cutoff since so many women these days are having healthy pregnancies in the late 30s and 40s (and even 50s, she said!!!!)

So that made me feel a lot better. And less annoyed.
September 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Tabitha. I've got ya both beat on age - I'm 42. Elderly better not print out on anything of mine!

September 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran
Welcome and Congrats!! I am 35 (36 when I deliver) and pregnant with my 5th and last baby. My doctor isn't concerned with the age thing either. He just explained that there are higher risks.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search