Hi there

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
So I thought I'd come back to JM for some support. I'm 38 and will be 39 when this baby arrives. We weren't planning on this. My oldest is 6 and youngest will be 3 in a couple of weeks and I had decided that we were done. Then I didn't pay attention to my tracking app and here we are. I thought that we were further from the window than we actually were. I'm struggling with this because it wasn't planned. Quite honestly, I'm terrified. I know that it will all work out, but the amount of anxiety this is causing me is painful. Luckily, I had to find a new OB and so I'm going Tuesday since I'm overdue for a pap. I'm hoping that after my appointment I will feel better about all of this. Its so much fun to also feel guilty for not being over the moon immediately. I'm extremely stressed out about this one.

Thanks for listening!

October 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. I can imagine your surprise. Hoping your appointment goes well.

October 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Hi there. I'm feeling your stress too. I'm 40. I'll be 41 in 2 weeks. I have 3 children, 17, almost 16, & 6 (in 2weeks). I'm freaking out right now, along with you. I'm terrified and excited at the same time.
Pregnancy and I aren't the best of friends. I'm typically high risk, and with a few chronic health conditions now, this one will definitely be high risk. I just confirmed my pregnancy suspicions today. My first appointment is Monday, and it can't come fast enough. I'm hoping the doctors will ease my anxiety and fear. I have no idea what to expect this time around. I guess I'll just hang on and enjoy the ride.
Good Luck to you. ;-)
November 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran
I understand. I was not expecting to have another baby. I'm 37 and have a nine year old and five year old. I am really stressed about the time the new baby will take from them. I think my nine year old will be happy, but I don't think my five year old,will be at all.
November 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
I am new here as well. 6 years ago my husband and I were intensely immersed in TTC. Not until 4 years ago I found out I had breast cancer. We were waiting for my period so I could go have my MRI but it never came. They gave me a EPT and I was pregnant. I lost the baby.(actually two. I had gotten pregnant twice, more details to come later).
So these last 4 years we didn't even think about getting pregnant and then BAM!!! Age 39 I am. I feel the same way with you. We tried so hard then gave up. I am totally to excited. I don't think it is because of my cancer it is because of my age I hope we all can share in these coming months!
November 9th, 2013, 05:49 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
While I knew there was still a possibility of another pgcy, my mind had begun shifting into the next stage of life the last few months. I had fully expected another child after my last, but I had two mcs at 11-13 weeks. I was really thinking I just wasn't going to have another one. I wasn't shocked to find out I was pg, but it did take me back. My children are so self-sufficient now... not to mention, DH & I are totally not baby people (shh). We love our children, but it wouldn't kill us to skip the first 8 weeks

This has really rocked DH. He is coming around now. He admits it's a total selfish thing. Life is easier with everyone out of diapers and most out of car seats. You don't have to schedule life around the needs of a baby...

All that said; your fears and anxieties are normal, but since they don't help anything it's best to do what you can to let them go.

I see you posted this a month ago. I hope you're doing better.

eta: Well, duh. I see you're on my DI forum!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search