Please have mercy! Anyone has a good natual remedy for morning sickness?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Movlin
  • 1 Post By neefer
  • 1 Post By Aarons.wifey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 06:30 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Hello ladies,

I am 8w5d along today, and morning sickness - that lasts the whole fricking day - is killing me. I can barely get to work, it's been awful...crackers don't help, and besides, when I am not leaning on the toilet, I just feel yucky all day, and it's making my life miserable.
I know it is too soon for mew to take medication, so, do you have any 'secret' remedy? Ginger? I'm gonna try that, but anything else?

Please???

Thank you...I feel and look lile crap ladies, much worse than with my first pregnancy...

November 7th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying those preggie pops, seems to be helping. I've heard a lot that nibbling small snacks throughout the day, so you never get hungry, helps. I've also heard that smelling lemons helps so women.
Hope you find some relief and feel better soon.
LucasMom11 likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Regular
Red Raspberry Leaf infusion, or tea, helps level out the hormones that can cause morning sickness. It has several benefits during pregnancy but this appears to be the one you need the most right now! Morning sickness has also been linked to low blood sugar so the PP suggestion of eating several small meals a day - making sure protein is abundant - is a good way to keep your blood sugar levels even. Also, stay well hydrated, especially if you're vomiting, and be sure your salt intake is adequate. New studies have shown that the "low sodium" craze has been a false alarm as the body just flushes out the salt it doesn't need - and pregnant women need their salt (after all, our bodies are mainly composed of salt water and we're building an additional body). Low salt can also cause nausea.

There is more, but I will leave it at that for now. Just for general information, I have been a successful practicing herbalist for several years.
LucasMom11 likes this.
November 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran
I would also say that vitamin B6 helped me a little too. I bought the 200mg timed release tablets, cut them in half, and took a half tablet two or three times a day. I think the things that help one person don't always help another and you just need to keep trying the different suggestions. Hopefully it's only for a couple more weeks for you, often getting better by 10 or so. But I definitely agree that an empty stomach is the worst...keep munching even when you don't think it sounds appealing. I know that I would often get 2 bites of food in and start feeling better enough to finish a snack if I just hung in there. Good luck to you.
LucasMom11 likes this.
November 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I drank a lot of Coke Cola when I had morning sickness. The thick syrup helps coat your tummy so your not so yucky feeling... Hope this helps!
LucasMom11 likes this.
December 30th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Regular
Have a biscuit and milk as soon as you get up in the morning if not milk then only biscuit.There is a medicine which you can eat at night and in the morning you will feel fresh.
December 30th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Do not drink the Red Raspberry Leaf tea without reading the package/checking with your doctor first! That is what women drink in the 3rd trimester to try to jumpstart labor; I think it is not recommended for women in early pregnancy.

I only know about ginger as a natural remedy. I did not have bad morning sickness, but I did have a mild case my last pregnancy, and I used to just carry around ginger root with me. I also enjoy ginger tea, ginger ale, and candied ginger. Never letting yourself get hungry helps, too. I hope it gets better for you! And congratulations on your new pregnancy!

Tags
morning sickness remedies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search