Introduction (long) and my BFP announcement - just turned 46!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Denise123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay - we'll I've decided to quit googling and reading all of the negative stories about women my age getting pregnant. Here is my story...

My first pregnancy when I was 40 ended in an early MC. I became pregnant again at age 41 and had my wonderful healthy son at age 42. That pregnancy was super easy - I actually did yoga and even hiked up mountains without any problems - really didn't have many symptoms -- and worked full time up until the day I delivered. He arrived 5 weeks early - and after a super fast and easy delivery - we were able to take him home two days later. He's the joy of our life!

We really wanted to give him a sibling close in age and I've been pregnant 3 times since his birth - but unfortunately they ended in early MC - so we decided it wasn't meant to be. I decided that at 44 - I could accept that we wouldn't have another baby - and am fine with that because I know how blessed we are to have my son. That was two years ago.

Since then... I can tell things have been slowly changing hormonally - a lot of spotting between periods - very heavy periods with a lot of cramping followed by a month of almost non-existent period. I saw my GP and she ran some blood work. She said I was entering pre menopause and had me start taking the supplement Pregnenolone. That was about 8 months ago and I've had more energy and my cycles have returned to normal...until this month.

I found out last week that what I thought were menopause symptoms are actually pregnancy symptoms. I'm a little more than 6 weeks along - still in shock - and trying to research if there is a chance I can have a healthy pregnancy at 46...and like I said - I am putting away google and have decided to post here where I know you ladies will understand where I'm coming from.

I am a big believer in the power our minds play in our well being - so I'm going to focus on what a blessing this pregnancy is and pray for the best. Enough of the statistics ...

So here I go ... Jumping in announcing this (only DH and BFF know IRL) ... With the intention of focussing on the positive and let whatever will be... Just be.

Sorry this is long - but I wanted to include my positive experience in having my first child at 42 - since I see many of you are around that age. I know reading and hearing similar positive stories really helped me when I was pregnant with my son!

Well that's it - I need to schedule a doctor's appointment and I'll know more after that... Will keep everyone posted!

(Oh - and I obviously need a new signature! That little Santa is now 3 - and going to be 4 next month!)

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

December 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats sweetie! I just remember that Halle Berry just had a kid (this year I'm pretty sure) and she's 47, so that gives me hope Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.

December 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Very happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!

What an awesome story!
December 30th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Congratulations! I'm 41 and will be 42 when this one is born, so your story gives me a lot of hope! I know several women who had children or have siblings born to women in their late 40's (46 and 47) and the children are completely normal and healthy. You have been given a gift, and it must be something good!

December 31st, 2013, 07:32 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow..Congratulations!!!!

So great to hear stories like yours...I'm hoping to have another after this baby boy

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE

Tags
age 46 , menopause , pregnenlone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search