9 wks pregnant and scared

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I dont know where to start...I am 35 turning 36 in may. I have 3 wonderful kids....almost 15 girl, almost 13 boy and a 4 and a half yr old...The first 2 are from my 1st marriage and my last is from my hubby of 7 yrs....we always wanted to have another one between us but as time went on we figured it just wasn't going to happen as he is now 61 and I am almost 36....So over time I have been enjoying myself and have been drinking...I just found out I am 9 wks pregnant. ...Since it is January I have drank alot over the holidays and I usually drink a big bottle of wine 3x a week...When I was pregnant before I did not drink and I am not going to anymore knowing now I am now. ..I am just scared because of what I have done in the last 9 wks and since we are older....this baby is a blessing to us as we did want another we just did not think it was ever going to happen...I also smoke and have talked to my doctor about cutting down/ quitting....My other pregnancies have neverfound me in this position before and now I am scared even tho this should be happy....Please no hate comments...I love my kids and did not nor would do anything to have ever endangered them....this is why this one scares me...[/LIST]
January 11th, 2014, 07:57 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
I'm not here to hate or judge. So many of us do things that are part of our lives before we know we're pregnant and get scared. First of all, congrats on your pregnancy!

I completely understand your anxiety. I would say that that chances of there being something wrong with your baby is slim but to definitely talk about your concerns with your doctor. Given our ages (I'm also 35 with a birthday in May) I'm sure our doctors are going to keep a slightly closer eye on us which should help assuage your fears.

((big hugs))) I'm sending positive, calming thoughts your way!

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 12th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Veteran
I'll be 35 in April, so we are close in age. I wouldn't worry about the age thing at all. On the drinking, I wouldn't worry about that either. With my last pregnancy (DD is 14 months) I didn't know I was pregnant til 7 weeks and had also drank quite a bit (wine as well) prior to finding out. Doc told me not to worry about it, and she was born completely healthy! I also smoke and doc said cut back to 5 a day if I can't quit. I quit last pregnancy at 12 weeks, and am trying hard to quit again but I know how hard it is. Just do your best. Talk to your doc, and I'm sure he/she will make you feel more at ease. Congrats on your pregnancy!!
January 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats! First, most any harm that comes from alcohol use during pregnancy comes from use later in the pregnancy. Many women do things that are suggested during pregnancy before they realize they are pregnant. I hope you have a happy healthy 9 months!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

January 12th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think it is fairly common to indulge in things like alcohol before you learn that you are pregnant. With my first daughter, I had a little more than too much to drink before I knew I was pregnant and she was born healthy. I also smoked, but quite within a couple of weeks, just because I knew it wasn't healthy.

Do your best -- you certainly can't go back and change the past -- but you can work hard to make a healthier future.

Good luck on your pregnancy!

Sincerely,

Kendra
January 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I agree! I also drank (occasionally heavily) before I found out I was pregnant, both times. With my first, I was pregnant and didn't know and had a sinus infection and my birthday at the same time - I was on 5 rx medications for the infection/bronchitis, almost all of which were not recommended for pregnant women, and then drank quite a bit on my b-day on top of all the meds. I was 38. My son is perfectly normal and healthy. This time, I quit drinking as soon as I found out and it's too early to know how things are going along (haven't even had my first prenatal yet) but I'm sure this baby is fine too (I'm 41 now). Do the best you can, try to relax and don't worry. Once you have your dr appt, you'll be on the "AMA" list and they will do a lot extra tests and scans just because you're over their idea of the perfect age. Enjoy this beautiful surprise and don't worry! Hugs!

January 15th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Regular
Congrats
But this is unplanned pregnancy so I personally think that you should consult your
doctor and make sure your your baby is healthy.Both of you are aged and as per my knowledge the quality of sperm and egg are not so healthy with age.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search