Expecting #4 at 37

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Veteran
I keep hearing that saying "advance maternal age" I don't feel advanced lol . Dh is 50 he is older but he acts younger than me.

I will be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

April 9th appointment I am doing the Panorama Prenatal Test. Definitely not available 8 years ago during my last pregnancy.

My dr also wants me to do a Nuchal Scan.

All this has me oh so nervous. Tell me I have nothing to worry about.

March 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I had baby #5 at age 40 and oh what a scary feeling it is when they tell you that because of you "advanced maternal age" that you have to have all these tests done and drive almost out of state because they don't do that kind of testing in your doctors office ( we live in Delaware and nothing is close)! Don't worry! They will sit you down and tell you all kinds of things it seems because they need you to know the statistics but I will sit here and tell you today that I was not in the odds to have a healthy baby but I have the most healthy baby boy and there were no problems with delivery and except for check ups has never been to the doctor. So relax!! and Enjoy! Keep in touch and let me know how things are going or if you want to know anything else just send me a message.
March 6th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. And remember I'm pretty sure you can refuse testing if you want. I'm 43 and my testing came back fine. Good luck.

March 7th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Veteran
Congrats! I am also 37yrs old and pregnant with #4. I am 10 weeks. What is the Panorama Prenatal Test?? I saw the nurse at my OB's office 2 weeks ago and I don't recall her mentioning that. I know that I have to go to the Maternal and Fetal Medicine for a level 2 ultrasound @20 weeks for a NT scan and genetic counseling because I am AMA. This is my first pregnancy being AMA. I was told that they are going to watch my BP very closely, this time. I see my OB on Tuesday for my first appointment with her.
March 29th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Veteran
Congrats to everyone!! I'm 39, expecting #4. DH is 45. I have 3 boys from my first marriage (18, 16 and 13) but DH has no biological children. Because of an unsuccessful tubal reversal, we ended up having to go through IVF. We just found out that we are pregnant. We are 4 weeks along. I'm figuring the prenatal care will probably be a lot different than it was almost 14 years ago.
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
March 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I was 38 when my last one was born and will be 40 when baby #6 makes his/her arrival They will want you to have a ton of extra tests (which you are free to decline if you like) but really that was about the only thing different from my pregnancies when i was younger
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

May 27th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Congratulations to all the expecting mums. I was 30 when I gave birth to my first born and 34 to my youngest and now we are planning for the third one and only God knows what my age would be when that happens

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search