ROLL CALL!!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's get this board a-rockin'!

I'm Kathryn. DH and I are both 34.5 and will turn 35 before this baby is born, so I'm going ahead and posting in here! We have one DS, age 5, who believes he's getting a sister in April. It's still too early to know for sure, but we should know in the next month or two. We had two losses this year due to chromosomal anomalies (trisomy 16).

I mostly hang out in the following JM boards: Pregnancy After Loss, Pregnancy Loss, Recurrent Miscarriage & Pregnancy Loss and it's two subforums (also a co-host), April DDC, and Jan DDC (they let me stay after loss #2).

I visit lots of other boards, too.

OK, that's me. Tell us about you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 25th, 2006, 11:56 AM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm Jody. Dh is 38, and I am 37. I was given a 75% chance this is a girl. I have a Dd that is 13 yo and a Ds that is 4 years old.

I had 2 m/c before this pregnancy. One was a blighted ovum @ 12 weeks and the other we don't know the cause but it was @ 6 weeks.

I am so happy they have this board even thou I will only be pregnant 1 more month, but hopefully everyone will be able to still hang out after the birth of their babies. Other boards I post on are Nov DDC, Oct DDC, and various others.

Can't wait to meet everyone and share stories.
September 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Kath here...I'm 35. DH is 32. We are expecting our first (a boy) in a few weeks. I never really wanted children, but then again, I never planned to get married either. But, then Mr. Right comes along and I find myself getting married at 30 years old and having a kid 5 years later. Go figure!
September 25th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Regular
Okay- well I am the oldest so far. I just turned 41. This is my third child. I have a daughter that is 15 and a son that is 8. I remarried a year ago and we decided to have a child. I am due on March 26th, but I have been promised to deliver on or around the 12th.

Things are progressing well so far. I had one scare with some bleeding at 11 weeks, but no problems since.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

KC "1smartblonde"
September 25th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,
My name is Nathalie. I am 36. This will be my first child. It will be a baby boy. I waited so long for him, he is precious to me. My husband is 42. We married last summer.
I always wanted children but was waiting to be ready and to find the right guy.
September 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Veteran
HI!
I'm Heather and I'm so glad I just found this board!
I am due OCT 5th but can't WAIT to see my little boy! I have a 22 month old girl names Sarah and she can't wait to meet her brother either!
Nice to meet you all!!

September 27th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Regular
I'm 39 and expecting my 4th on December 9th. I have 2 boys, ages 17 and 21, from a previous marriage, and my hubby and I had a beautiful baby girl just last November. The babies will be exactly 13 months apart.

I am very fortunate to be a stay at home mom so I can be here with the babies, though I don't know where I'll find the energy to chase after 2 so close together
September 27th, 2006, 08:41 AM
coryletum's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone!
Gulp - looks like I might be earning the title of 'oldest to post here' so far - I'm 42 and have just given birth to my tenth child, a gorgeous little boy, in August . Dh is 44, so we could both be considered 'past it'...

Must confess, I never have any extra testing apart from the routine ultrasound scans, but I suspect I am in the minority here in the UK. Luckily the midwives know me well enough not to put any pressure on me

My most often-asked question: 'Is this going to be the last?'
My most often given response: 'Hmmm....' followed by non-committal grin...(lol!)

xxx

(I have a very close and personal relationship with my washing machine.)
</span>

Proud member of ERFEFODTPTDGUSO!

September 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Regular
Hi, May I join you? I just recently found the jm forum and then was very excited to see this board!

My name is Jean. I'm 36 & unexpectedly expecting a 3rd baby in early May (I'll be 37 then). I have a 5 yr old ds who just started Kindergarten & a ds who will turn 2 in November. My dh is 44 and very shocked by all this news.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jean
September 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Shellie. I am 42 (I'll be very close to 43 when baby is born). My husband is 50. This baby was a complete surprise. We were done.

We have been married for 13 years. We have 3 kids from his first marriage whom I have raised. I was 32 when my first was born and 37 when our daughter was born.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
September 29th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Regular
Hi all. I'm Denise, just turned 41 yesterday. This was a big shock to us as well. We have a 20 year old, 14 year old and 10 year old. The 20 year old lives on his own so we have 2 at home. My due date is May 28th and my first OB appt. is this coming Monday.
I am glad to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you!
October 1st, 2006, 02:35 PM
Regular
Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all. My name is Michelle and I'll be 35 the end of October. My husband is 35 but will be 36 when this baby is born. We have 2 girls, Hailey 6 in Kindergarten, and Emily 4 in Preschool. This is #3 and while we talked and talked and were torn about whether to have a 3rd one... ooops, it happened. And, I am so excited. My husband was reluctant and is very nervous (money, time, work, etc.), but knows we can handle it and is excited as well.

I'm due the end of May. We haven't told anyone yet. I'm only 5 weeks and I'd like to tell the girls first before we tell others. I think I'll tell them after we hear the baby's heart beat (around 12 weeks).

Glad to meet everyone!

Michelle
DH Steven
DD Hailey 09/15/00
DD Emily 05/01/02
DD Sophia 05/31/07
October 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
Hello My Name is Tami (40yrs) and married to dh (40yrs) for 20 years. We have 3 children, our ds is
17 years old and our two dd's are 13 and 14 years old. My dh had a vasectomy 13 years ago. In January we decided to try for another baby, dh had a vasectomy reversal and we got the BFP in May. We found out we are having a BOY!!!! I am so excited to see this new forum

Congradulations to all of you ladies that are pregnant or just had your new bundle of joy
October 2nd, 2006, 05:39 AM
Regular
Hi new here. I just turned 37 in September. I have two boys, 12 and 6 from a previous marriage. I am doing #3 on my own. I used donor sperm and IUI to conceive this baby. I'm due June 12 or around there. About two years ago I started thinking that I really wanted another baby. I dated but didn't find anyone I would atually want to have a baby with. After a few medical issues (lump in breast, bad pap smear) I realized I really couldn't wait around for "mr right" nor did I want to. Happy they created this board!
October 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
Hi, my name is Barbi. I am 35, 36 when the baby gets here married 4 year to my DH(30). I am currently expecting #3. A little surprise after my husbands vasectomy. We are the proud parents of Emma who is 3 and Andrew 15 months.

October 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
elmwolfe's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to elmwolfe Send a message via AIM to elmwolfe Send a message via Yahoo to elmwolfe
So glad this board was created! THANKS JM!

I'm Erica, 35yrs old, DH is 36yrs old and I'm 11 weeks pregnant with our first. We've been married 15 years come January 2007. I'm quite nervous but getting a little excited as the weeks move along slowly...my first prenatal appt is Oct 10th, I'll be over 12 weeks by then.

I started out in the TTC boards for about a month and whammo got my bfp. We had been trying actively to conceive since April 2006. I charted my first month and got my bfp that month so I became part of the fertility charting board as well as TTC #1, TTC our first and TTC Older Members. Now I mainly post on the April DDC and Plus Size Mommies boards.

Hope to get to know all of you!

October 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Regular
Hey Everybody! I'm Beth....40 years old....and my hubby is 33. We've been married two years and are expecting our little boy any day now. I had two miscarriages previously, so we're really excited about meeting our little guy!

Good luck to all of you and I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys!
October 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all, JUST stumbled upon this board by accident. I usually only frequent the April DDC. We should let our DDBoards know about this one because there are probably lots of other Mommies that are over 35 and would love to know about this one!

Anyhow, my name is Kimberly and I am 36. I'll be 37 in Nov. My husband just turned 37. We have an *almost* 4 yr. old boy, Azriel, and a just turned 3 yr. old girl, Avigail. We are due April 26 with #3. We are really excited.

I had both my other babies in the water at a birth center, attended by midwives. Awesome births. I love to share about water births with anyone who is interested! I am planning on having this one at home, in the water, with midwives attending. ~~~UNLESS, of course, there are twins in there! ha ha. It's been a HOPE of mine...I'll find out soon. I have NO reason to believe there are two in there...I just want TWO!

Anyhow, GLAD I found this board. I am looking forward to getting to know you other ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE mothers. Doesn't that sound so ridiculous!!!???

Blessings to you all and to your pregnancies!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
October 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I will post here too. (I'm a postaholic)
I'm Lynne 36, DH is 43, DS is almost 2.5.
Married 9 years & just didn't want kids until one day. Then 5 weeks later I was pg.
We had a loss 5 months ago, little angel baby girl. VERY sad.
We are pg again and happy. I am happy not to be puking yet. I will be 37 and dh will be 44 when this baby arrives. I know that I am 100 times the mother I would have been had I had babies at a younger age.
I am a sahm and I love it.

Congratulations to you all!
I would love another girl, but I have a feeling this one is a boy.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search