How is your pregnancy going so far?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Regular
I thought it might be good to have a sounding board here to talk about how things are going. I get lost trying to keep up with so many different forum categories, so I think I'll try to stay mainly here in the 35+ one.

I just had the 3 hour blood sugar test Monday and fortunately passed it. That was a lot of misery and torment to go through for nothing!

My doc visits are at every two weeks now, and at the last one, he said the baby was measuring a lot larger than it "should be" at that point. They are bringing me in on the 4th to do another ultrasound to see if the baby has grown that much, or if there is more fluid. I'm thinking its just a big guy, my last son weighed 11 pounds 10.5 ounces!

I can't wait to see him on the screen again. Its the next best thing to having him here to cuddle
September 27th, 2006, 01:49 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
my last son weighed 11 pounds 10.5 ounces[/b]
Holy cow! That's almost twice what my son weighed (6 lbs 10 oz), but he surprised us 3 weeks early. If he'd gone to term I think he'd have been over 9 pounds.

So far this pg is going well. We lost two this year to chromosomal issues, so we're treating this one very gingerly. I've had 3 u/s so far and this one seems to be working. We've seen and heard the h/b twice. Next appointment is next Tuesday and I can't wait! It will have been 4 weeks since the last appointment and I'm going through withdrawal. I love seeing my little one and hearing that h/b. We might even get an early peek at the gender next week!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Everything's going pretty "normal" for me except for him being too big. I'm just SO SO ready for it to be over. Last week he measured 7 lbs, and I do feel like I'm already carrying a full-term baby even though technically we have 5 weeks to go. But, hopefully at my weekly appt. Friday, we will discuss other earlier options for Baby Kong LOL
September 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am now almost 19 weeks and baby gave me some fears. At the first doc appointment, she could not hear the heartbeat and we got scheduled for an ultrasound the next day. Fortunately, baby boy was moving and healthy. The best feeling. Since then, we had 2 ultrasound because of some concerns but everything is fine.

I am grateful the heatwaves of the summer is gone. It made me really sick. Now, it is fine. I just wish my baby boy was moving a little more. My next ultrasound is in October and I am getting very anxious of seeing him again.
September 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still having morning sickness that lasts all day. But it isn't as bad as it was at the beginning.

I have found that I am very tired. I don't remember being this during my other pregnancies. It must be the age.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
September 27th, 2006, 05:45 PM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
I am starting the painful B/H contractions. I hardly sleep anymore. I can't get comfortable and my right hand keeps falling asleep. At least part of me can sleep, lol. Other than that I feel ready to have this baby anytime. I was measuring over for 2 of my appts, but now I am measuring on schedule. My ds weighed 6lbs 4oz and my dd weighed 5.5. I am sure this baby is going to be bigger.
September 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Regular
I've been having a lot of "mysterious" pain in my lower left side. Sometimes it hurts so bad that its hard to move. I've mentioned it to the doctors and they don't seem too concerned. They tell me as long as I'm not bleeding, and the baby is still moving around, I shouldn't worry too much.

I can't tell if its something going on with my organs or stomach area, or if its something going on with the pregnancy. As long as I'm taking it easy, it seems fine. When I go out to the store and walk around or get active with the housework, it starts hurting pretty bad again.

Have any of you experienced this? Anyone have a guess what it might be?
October 1st, 2006, 06:31 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
My pregnancy is going well so far. No concerns other than, I need to watch my weight gain grrrrrr. I still have an upcoming GD Test coming up and praying I pass it. I have noticed that I tire alot easier lately.
October 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My only problems have been all day nausea that causes me to hardly eat at all. At my last apt, almsot a month ago since my next apt is this wed, I had only gained 6 lbs so far. I have 4 more months to go. My other complaint is I am exhausted all the time. And the not sleeping at night hasnt started yet! I do get up to pee about 4 times a night but am half asleep at the time. Oh and of course the numb hands have been here for 2 months already and if its like last time will continue to get worse over the next few month. It becomes so very painful near the end.
I look forward to getting to know all of you here.
October 9th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Regular
Everything's going great so far. I had very easy pregnancies with my two boys so I'm expecting the same with this one. I don't have doctors appointment until October 30 so hopefully they'll do an ultrasound then.
October 9th, 2006, 01:37 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy is going OK. I have had the all day morning sickness like several others have mentioned. I thought I got lucky because it went away at 9 weeks but came back just before the 11 week mark. YUCK! I never had any M/S with my other pregnancies so this is a whole new ball game for me. I am just HOPING it goes away as I get into my 2nd trimester. My first actual midwife appt. is this Wednesday...so, of course, I am hoping to hear the little heartbeat on the doppler then. It should come through since I'll be at 12 weeks. Blessings to you all in your pregnancies!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
October 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My only problems have been all day nausea that causes me to hardly eat at all. At my last apt, almsot a month ago since my next apt is this wed, I had only gained 6 lbs so far. I have 4 more months to go. My other complaint is I am exhausted all the time. And the not sleeping at night hasnt started yet! I do get up to pee about 4 times a night but am half asleep at the time. Oh and of course the numb hands have been here for 2 months already and if its like last time will continue to get worse over the next few month. It becomes so very painful near the end.
I look forward to getting to know all of you here.[/b]

Ohh, my hands and feet were SO numb, even for a full week after I delivered. You are the first person other than me I have heard have this too.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search