What could someone do for you to make life easier right now?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Regular
I don't know about the rest of you, but my days seem to be really dragging. I'm having less energy, mood swings (again), and getting tired so quickly. The daily housework is getting overwhelming. It seems like I clean all day long. I'm finally caught up with laundry, dishes, picking up the floors, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen by the time hubby gets home. Between doing all that, I am tending our baby girl who demands my attention most of the day.

Funny, when I get up the next morning, the house is trashed again - dishes piled up, stuff everywhere, crumbs and dirt all over the floors, and someone please tell me where all those &4!@!$!! dirty clothes keep coming from!

It's EVERY DAY. I'm TIRED.

Listen, I'm not a clean freak. I just get stuff picked up and put up, and clothes and dishes washed. I rarely get around to dusting, organizing, mopping, and "thorough" scrubbing like the place desperately needs. I just barely get the basics done.

What would help me right now (through these next few months) was someone else to super-clean the house once a week, help me get the laundry completed, and even someone to pop in every couple days to do all the basics, so I could have a break.

I hear men grumble about what little their wives get done, or how messy the house is, or how there's no meal on the table when they get home, and it infuriates me. At least when they clock out of their jobs for the day, they get to leave work behind until the next day, or next week. My job is constant and never ends, I can't clock out and leave. The only reward is my own comfort, because when the chores get done the house is nicer to be in.

My own hubby doesn't complain, and he does help out when I specifically ask. I just wish I didn't have to ask.

I don't know what I'm going to do when the baby arrives in December

We can't afford a "cleaning service" or anything like that, so I'm just daydreaming I guess.

(Thanks for letting me get that out!)

What would make your life easier right now?
October 3rd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Someone could go to work for me until my maternity leave starts! LOL I've got the house cleaning covered.....my mom is coming over this weekend to help me for 2 days get everything scrubbed.
October 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
I have been so tired lately and its making me grouchy. My days seem to be busy with the picking up, laundry, meals and the things that have to get done. I have a maid service that comes in every other week (I demanded this after dh picked our new home a year ago, it's over 3500 sq ft). I am trying to do some organizing and nesting but I am not getting much done. The best relieve I could get right now is a massage every couple weeks (keep dreaming). Of course it would also help if everyone would pick up their stuff.
October 3rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH already does most of the cleaning and for that I'm very grateful. I'd love to have someone come scrub the bathrooms every couple of weeks. And I love Kath's idea of getting someone to go to work for me till maternity leave!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 10th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A twice a month cleaning service would be great to do all the scrubbing that needs to be done, floors, bath, etc. A weekly back and foot massage would be heaven, heck if we can dream then it would really be a daily one! But most importantly would be for tonight to have someone else make dinner. I got the dumb idea to make something from the Rachael Ray show and just dont feel like it now. sigh
October 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
A twice a month cleaning service would be great to do all the scrubbing that needs to be done, floors, bath, etc. A weekly back and foot massage would be heaven, heck if we can dream then it would really be a daily one! But most importantly would be for tonight to have someone else make dinner. I got the dumb idea to make something from the Rachael Ray show and just dont feel like it now. sigh[/b]

I love it !!! We all need a maid, a massage daily and a chef . I have to watch those cooking shows I think I gained 20lbs this winter thanks to the Food Network Channel........
October 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FEED ME!!!
<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
FEED ME!!![/b]
LMAO!

Massage me! LOL
October 14th, 2006, 08:31 PM
peybecgray
At this point in my pregnancy I would love for someone else to carry the baby for a while. ) Other than that, I would love to have someone come in and deep clean my home. I have the nesting urge but this pregnancy has me knocked flat on my butt and it is just enough to get up in the morning and deal with the other 3. Oh and I'd love to have some terrific friends who weren't so self-absorbed and come and help me even once. I don't want baby gifts, I want the gift of your time.

Do I sound miserable? I am, tonight, I am. Sorry ladies. I just don't get why at 37 and having a baby has suddenly made me something "weird". Others are done having theirs and wonder why I'd go back and "start over".

OOps this is a vent. My apologies.

Okay and a massage every night!
October 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM
aik0aik0's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to aik0aik0 Send a message via MSN to aik0aik0 Send a message via Yahoo to aik0aik0
Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but my days seem to be really dragging. I'm having less energy, mood swings (again), and getting tired so quickly. The daily housework is getting overwhelming. It seems like I clean all day long. I'm finally caught up with laundry, dishes, picking up the floors, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen by the time hubby gets home. Between doing all that, I am tending our baby girl who demands my attention most of the day.

Funny, when I get up the next morning, the house is trashed again - dishes piled up, stuff everywhere, crumbs and dirt all over the floors, and someone please tell me where all those &4!@!$!! dirty clothes keep coming from!

It's EVERY DAY. I'm TIRED.

Listen, I'm not a clean freak. I just get stuff picked up and put up, and clothes and dishes washed. I rarely get around to dusting, organizing, mopping, and "thorough" scrubbing like the place desperately needs. I just barely get the basics done.

What would help me right now (through these next few months) was someone else to super-clean the house once a week, help me get the laundry completed, and even someone to pop in every couple days to do all the basics, so I could have a break.

I hear men grumble about what little their wives get done, or how messy the house is, or how there's no meal on the table when they get home, and it infuriates me. At least when they clock out of their jobs for the day, they get to leave work behind until the next day, or next week. My job is constant and never ends, I can't clock out and leave. The only reward is my own comfort, because when the chores get done the house is nicer to be in.

My own hubby doesn't complain, and he does help out when I specifically ask. I just wish I didn't have to ask.

I don't know what I'm going to do when the baby arrives in December

We can't afford a "cleaning service" or anything like that, so I'm just daydreaming I guess.

(Thanks for letting me get that out!)

What would make your life easier right now?[/b]
I feel exactly the same way. I feel fed up.How the hell am I going to continue this once a baby comes a long. I have to tell my husband to take his shoes off before walking on the rug, pick up every coin or piece of paper he takes out of his pocket when he gets home.Walk after him and pick up cups,cardboard or whatever he leaves in his path like he is a child. He opens junk mail and throws it in a pile ,never throws it away. If I say anything he acts like I am berating him and stomps off liek a child. I feel like I live with a child already.I don't know what I'm gonna do after the baby comes. Live in complete chaos and mess.

Born 1/26/07 6lbs 2oz 20 inches long!!
One month appointment 8lbs 4oz and 21 inches long!!
Two Month appointment 10lbs 10.5 oz! 221/2 inches long!!
Four Month appointment 14lbs 11oz. 24 1/2 inches long!!
Sixth Month appointment 16lbs 11 oz 27 inches long!!
Nine Month appointment 18lbs 5 1/2 oz 28 1/4 inches long!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search