I must be old fashioned, but all these abbreviations drive me insane

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Regular
I was just on another forum and there was a post so full of computer-speak abbreviations that I could barely make it out. It took quite a bit longer for me to read since I had to decipher the "code" as I went.

My husband will usually be referred to as "hubby", not DH. I usually spell things out, or shorten them a little where the word is still recognizable!

Does all the DH, DD, DS, SAHM, SO, (and the 10 million others) get on anyone else's nerves, or is it just me?
October 4th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
I spend a lot of time on various forums, so I'm so used to the abbreviations that I sometimes even use them when I'm speaking
October 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Regular
Quote:
I was just on another forum and there was a post so full of computer-speak abbreviations that I could barely make it out. It took quite a bit longer for me to read since I had to decipher the "code" as I went.

My husband will usually be referred to as "hubby", not DH. I usually spell things out, or shorten them a little where the word is still recognizable!

Does all the DH, DD, DS, SAHM, SO, (and the 10 million others) get on anyone else's nerves, or is it just me?[/b]

I'm right there with ya! So tell me...what does DH stand for exactly?? Designated Husband? Da Hubby? I don't know....guess I'm too old for the "new" lingo!
October 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Regular
Quote:
Quote:

Does all the DH, DD, DS, SAHM, SO, (and the 10 million others) get on anyone else's nerves, or is it just me?[/b]

I'm right there with ya! So tell me...what does DH stand for exactly?? Designated Husband? Da Hubby? I don't know....guess I'm too old for the "new" lingo!
[/b]

I've learned that the DH stands for "darling husband" DS "darling son" DD "darling daughter" etc. I think its a bit silly myself
October 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was confused at first. Now that I am a post a holic, I have gotten to know them. Just easier ways of not having to spell everything out.
sahm=stay at home mom
ms=morning sickness (might need that one on this board)
some of them still stump me.
I still make up my own too.
<div align="center"></div>
November 1st, 2006, 05:49 AM
aik0aik0's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to aik0aik0 Send a message via MSN to aik0aik0 Send a message via Yahoo to aik0aik0
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
I'm very computer literate but I am so glad you said that. I am so confused with all these abbreviations. DH,DS it's like it's a different language. I'm all for shortcuts but what about having some type of "key" to explain what all these mean?

Born 1/26/07 6lbs 2oz 20 inches long!!
One month appointment 8lbs 4oz and 21 inches long!!
Two Month appointment 10lbs 10.5 oz! 221/2 inches long!!
Four Month appointment 14lbs 11oz. 24 1/2 inches long!!
Sixth Month appointment 16lbs 11 oz 27 inches long!!
Nine Month appointment 18lbs 5 1/2 oz 28 1/4 inches long!!!
November 2nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
cyutegurl
Quote:

Im not even prego right now! AND IT DRIVES ME UPPPPPP THE WALL! hahaha
cant stand the abbrevations. And some of them ladies are just using one abbrevation after another lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search