Doc says we're having a BIG boy :)

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Regular
Just back from the doc for the 2nd anatomy ultrasound. They said the baby had measured big last time, so they were checking fluid, size, and weight.

They measured him today at 4 lbs. 3 oz. They said that is above 97% of babies. I'm only at 29 weeks, and they also told me the babies put on their "baby weight" in the last 2 months, so its no telling how big he will end up.

It was so awesome to see him again! I just wanted to get in there and cuddle him

The docs assured me that everything looked healthy, so I'm not going to worry too much about his size as long as it doesn't put him in any danger. We get to do another ultrasound next month to check on him again

That size sure explains alot... hard time breathing at night, hard time bending over... hehe
October 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is a big boy!! Have you signed up for your epi yet? Glad to hear he's doing well.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Quote:
Just back from the doc for the 2nd anatomy ultrasound. They said the baby had measured big last time, so they were checking fluid, size, and weight.

They measured him today at 4 lbs. 3 oz. They said that is above 97% of babies. I'm only at 29 weeks, and they also told me the babies put on their "baby weight" in the last 2 months, so its no telling how big he will end up.

It was so awesome to see him again! I just wanted to get in there and cuddle him

The docs assured me that everything looked healthy, so I'm not going to worry too much about his size as long as it doesn't put him in any danger. We get to do another ultrasound next month to check on him again

That size sure explains alot... hard time breathing at night, hard time bending over... hehe[/b]

That's about the same as mine. Mine measured 4.5 lbs at 30 weeks (88th percentile). He measured 7 lbs at 34 weeks (90th percentile) and I go again next week for a 37 week measurement. They said if he's close to the 100% percentile at 37 weeks, they will likely schedule a c-section. I have borderline GD though so that added to his size has had me on weekly biophysical profiles/ultrasounds since 32 weeks and growth scans so frequently.
October 4th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Regular
We had already scheduled a planned c-section due to previous complications with deliveries. They have checked me over and over for diabetes and my tests always come back normal, so they tell me I don't have it, but they will continue checking for it to make sure. (just a lot of extra needles )

My last boy was 11 lbs 10.5 oz, so this one might be in the same range

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search