For those that had babies younger and now again at over 35

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2006, 06:17 AM
mpwife_89's Avatar Veteran
Did you find your pregnancies to be easier then or now?

Nicholas 17
Ashlee 16
Cassidy 14
Anthony 13
Dominic 18 months
Roman, Born July 6, 2006 at 1503, 9lbs 8ozs

October 10th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My pg was easier then I was 23 when I got pg and 24 when I had her, but being a Mom is much easier and more enjoyable now.
October 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
jenghes
So far, this pregnancy has been a breeze. I was so sick with the girls. Not so this time!
October 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My pg with DS was pretty easy (at 28-29). No major issues, no m/s, etc. This one has been harder, but I think that's because of the losses we had this year. It's made me more cautious and taken away the carefree pg feeling.

I also agree with 3at40, that being a mom now is easier and more enjoyable.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
I think my previous pregnancies were a little easier. I just get tired more than I use to, however, my memory is not too good either lol, so maybe I was real tired then too. I think my pregnancy would be easier if I wasn't so scared, I had a chemical pregnancy earlier this year. Between the chemical pregnancy and all of the "statistics" the Dr.'s give me with being AMA I try to just enjoy every moment.
October 11th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Regular
My last pg at 30 was miserable. I feel great this time.
October 14th, 2006, 07:17 PM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
Easier with dd @ 23 than now. I had so much energy and didn't even know what to do with it. Now I am just plain exhausted, lol. I only have 12 more days!!!
October 14th, 2006, 08:26 PM
peybecgray
Nope, nope, nope. I am 37 now with my 4th. Had first at 27, second at 28 and third at 34. I must say that those pregnancies were a breeze and this one has been horrible. I am uncomfortable, unhappy, emotional and tired, tired, tired. But it's worth it. Right?!
October 16th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Regular
I had my son at 29 and just had my daughter at 38. I loved being pregnant with my son, but this time I had every symptom in the book plus I had to give myself 2 shots a day of blood thinner because I had a high risk of DVT. Also Labor and delivery was much much worse this time for me. I thought second time around was supposed to go quicker. Not in my case. But despite all this I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl July 15th. It was all worth it.
October 16th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
I had two miscarriages when I was 20 and 21. Had two healthy pregnancies at 32, 34 years. The pregnancies were much more difficult then what I am having now w/ #3. My dr. was actually worried that I may not be able to have kids.

October 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh definitely the ones when I was younger were much easier than now. I have dealt with back problems. I am just feeling older these last two times. Oh but being an older mom I love and seem to enjoy more or shall I say different than when I was younger.

October 17th, 2006, 09:29 AM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
My first pregnancy at 24 was rough but with my baby that I had on July 19th, it was wonderful and the labor was quick. Oh, I'm 36 now.
January 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
~~~Sue~~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~~~Sue~~~
For me (now 35) I had babies when I was in my early 20's and then started a "second family" around 30 and now with my last baby at 35 it has gotten harder on my body.. I think I am a better/smarter mom with my younger ones I have now and wasnt as smart of a mom and let others lead me more with my older two but with my younger three I make informed parenting decisions and my patience are better I think I dont stress as much the actual pregnancy was much harder for me each pregnancy!
January 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy has been easy with all three of my children (two when young, one 'older')

I'm newly pregnant and still breastfeeding my 9month old so figure this pregnnacy may be more of a challenge... time will tell! I'm 37 now, will be two months shy of 38 when it's born.

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
January 24th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Tippy's Avatar ♥ So Blessed ♥
Ha! I was just thinking about this last night. My history:
DS - 12/92
DD -12/93 (#1 & #2 are 1yr 8 days apart)
DS - 9/95
Surro#1 - 12/04
Surro #2 - 1/06 - I delivered at age 32.

This pregnancy is completely different than all of them. I have morning sickness, nausea and exhaustion. It's all new to me, but taking it in stride. I'm learning what I can and can't eat and when it's a good time to eat and not eat - and sleep? I do that whenever I can, missing most of whatever is going on in the evening after dinner. I'm also working 6 days a week right now, so that might have something to do with it.

I used to always hear people say they can't wait until the 2nd tri so all this ends, but I've been here and there's no end in sight! lol That's okay..... not complaining, we've waited too long for this little miracle!

Wife & Mom to 4
Gestational Surrogate to Siblings ~ Sarah 12/04 & Ryan 1/06
Donor Embryo Recipient ~ 10/06 (m/c @ 13w & 2 chemicals)
Tubal Reversal Surgery ~ 11/07
Angels in Heaven ~ 5/07, 11/08, 6/09, 3/10 & 8/10
Failed Adoption ~ 2/09-10/09
Failed attempts w/a Traditional Surrogate ~ 12/09-6/10

♥ Our little miracle has arrived ♥
7/18/11 - 11:15pm - 9lbs. 2 ozs - 22.25 inches long

February 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like my pregnancies were easier when I was younger. I had my first when I was 22 and my second when I was 23. I'm now 36 and will be 37 when I have this baby. I remember being sick the first trimester with my oldest but nothing like this. My younger son was a breeze it seemed. Maybe it's not worse but I have lower tolerance? Plus, I wasn't working full time during my first trimester with my oldest so that helped. I feel like I'm wiped out most of the time.
March 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Had my first two at 19 and 21, my 3rd at 32 and will have my 4th at 37.
I can't complain about any of the pregnancies because they were all no risk, no morning sickness and turned out so well....but, I am exhausted with this one. I'm sure it's due mostly to having two teenagers and a preschooler.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search