Anyone Else Not Getting Alot Done

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
Hello Ladies,
I hope you had a nice weekend. My husband worked all weekend. I am worn out just from keeping the house picked up, making dinner and running kids around. I use to pack a Saturday full of things to do. Now I am happy to do nothing......... I use to love to go shopping, now I am happy to go shopping occasionally (the benefit is I don't spend alot of money). Even getting to the grocery stores seems like an all day event. My teenagers are constantly wanting me to drive them places (my oldest son is legally blind and does not drive) so I drive him around and my girls are always wanting someone to spend the night. I use to allow sleepovers all of the time, but they are so much work. I try to limit them to 3-4 times a month and one friend each. Sometimes it feels like its never enough, anyone else know what I mean. Alot of my friends are always running around but I just don't feel like all of the chaous that goes with it. Thanks for letting me vent.

Tami
October 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Regular
I know what you mean. Some days it is a struggle to just get up and function, much less be what everyone needs me to be. Some days I do get a little energy and try to carry on a normal day.

Do you have a close relative that the kids can rely on a couple times a week for a taxi service?
Can they have a sleep over at grandma's house, or the friend's house once a month?

I think it sounds like its time for you to start setting limits on what people expect from you and what you are willing to do, especially the further you are in the pregnancy.

Your children are old enough to understand that you need a break from the running and the work it is hosting their activities. Maybe you can all come up with alternate plans?

You definately need a pamper mom day

As for me, I have been asking for help more, something I didn't do last time. I'm just more tired and feel more immobile this time. The son and hubby help pick the house up in the eves, and both have let me out of driving.. they do all the driving and carrying our daughter whenever we go out.

I rarely go out anymore except to get groceries.

My son only has a permit and can't drive without an adult. Fortunately, my parents get him a few days a week so he doesn't have to sit around over here and be bored. They can often use his help doing things around their place, so it works well for everyone. They are great about running bigger errands for me as well, since hubby works from sun up to sun down.

Hope you get some R&R and some guilt-free peace
October 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Regular
EDIT : Hmm had a duplicate post and dunno how to just delete one!
October 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am only 8 weeks and I am so tired I can barely type. It's 6:12 and my husband is getting ready for the evening so I can go to bed.

Scared to see what the next couple of weeks brings.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search