Anyone else suffering?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Regular
I have never ever had a yeast infection in 39 years... until now.

With this pregnancy, it seems like just as I get relief from one and get it cleared up, another one sets in within days. Its driving me INSANE. The discomfort, burning, and ITCHING is killing me!

I'm using monistat to fight these with, do any of you know of products or remedies that might work better?

What about preventing another infection? What do I need to do to stop getting them?

I obviously don't have much experience dealing with this, any help will be appreciated.
October 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A few weeks ago, I had a yeast infection. I used Canesten. It worked well.

I found some tips on a website.
Avoid wearing tight clothing such as tight jeans, nylon panties, pantyhose, or clothing made of synthetic materials such as polyester.

Wear cotton underwear and pantyhose with a cotton crotch.

Avoid use of scented, deodorant or colored toilet paper, tampons, pads, or pantyliners. These products can be irritating to the vagina.

Eat yogurt that contains live cultures of lactobacilius acidophilis.

Decrease consumption of sugar. Increased sugar levels in your body causes yeast to grow faster.

I hope you get some relief soon.
October 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I already got one too.
For me, I have to use the cream, NOT the suppositories that look like a bullet. Those just don't work for me.
I used the cream and bought 2 boxes of the 3 day cream with the extra external cream that comes in the box and used it for a total of 6 days. NO sex, loose clothes, wash your undies in hot water.
sleep with nothing on.

One 3 day treatment doesn't work for me. During pg, yi's can be really hard to treat. I also don't have any sex for quite some time after treatment was done so I am sure I am feeling better.

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon.
<div align="center"></div>
October 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
I have also had 2 yeast infections since I have gotten pregnant. I have not had a yeast infection in at least 12 years. I used the one day suppository for the first one and it worked good. This last time I had one I used the suppository again, I must have hit the side of my vaginal wall too hard (although I did not realize it). Two days later I had spotting and cramping. Sorry TMI. It scared me to death, I even went to my Dr. office and had an u/s. I had no idea why I was spotting. Yeast infections are so uncomfortable

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search