what problems did you all have?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Veteran
Just looking for info and any problems you all had concieving or being pg after 35. I am turning 32 soon and most likely will not be having children in the next few years. Starting to get a lillte nervous about age ???
November 9th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Regular
I'm 37 and ten weeks pregnant. I've had two other pregnancies and this one has been exactly like them. Nothing different. My youngest son is 6. I think that if you are healthy and live a healthy lifestyle the pregnancy shouldn't be an issue. Of course risks for certain things increase with age and we have no control over them. I eat a healthy diet, exercise (or should I say exercised five days a week and was at a healthy weight when I got pregnant. I don't expect any problems and as soon as a feel like a human I will start exercising again. I conceived through donor sperm and IUI but only because I am a single woman and wanted to have one more baby. I became pregnant on the third try which is about average for women of all ages. Hope this helped.
November 9th, 2006, 08:45 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had no problems conceiving or carrying DS at age 28. It was a very easy pregnancy. This year (age 34) we had two losses due to chromosomal anomalies that are likely due to the age of my eggs. This one (third try was the charm) is working, no problems, and will arrive a couple of months after my 35th birthday.

If you haven't already, you might stop by the TTC Older Members forum. There are lots of ladies over there, too, who would have good feedback for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
November 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
babiez4me, I just turned 36 and am 24 weeks into my first pregnancy.

We conceived immediately. Everything has gone beautifully thus far. No problems at all. Not even morning sickness.

At 32, everyone told me I better hurry up – that it was almost too late already.

At 35, the doctor almost laughed at apprehensions over my age. Not quite, but almost.

He said not to worry - that I was still just a ‘young thing’! (grin) You know what? I feel young. Or rather, I don’t feel any particular age at all.

Maybe state of mind plays a role. What do you think? Keep positive! Yay!

November 10th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Regular
I had a healthy baby girl last November at age 38. I'm expecting a healthy baby boy next month at age 39!
The only problems I have been having are my own discomfort. I think a lot of that has to do with being pregnant again before my body could fully get back to normal after the last one. I'm also carrying a bigger baby and a lot of fluid this time.

As far as TTC, both of these babies were gifts from above We weren't really trying, but are absolutely THRILLED to be blessed with both of them. We had tried years ago when we were first married. After no success, we just gave up and decided that if it were meant to be, then it would be. Years later, we were happily surprised - twice!

Good luck, and don't worry! If its meant to be, it will be
November 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first pg was immediate, and had a healthy baby boy. I had a c/s but that probably would have happened anyway. The kid was practically lodged up in my ribs.

Second pg, got pg immediately again. I just turned 36. Ended after 17 weeks due to an infection in the amniotic fluid. Unrelated to anything other than rare and random bad luck.

Third pg, 36, got of after 3rd mo. of trying. I will be 37 when this baby comes. I just had my 10 week appt. and Dr. said everything is perfect so far. My morning sickness is a bit better this time around too.

My only advice is just be ready to be a mommy then let God do his thing. In all likelihood, you will be just fine and have a healthy baby.
<div align="center"></div>
November 14th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 42 and 23 weeks pregnant. It was a complete surprise. I was 32 when our youngest son was born (my first bio) and 37 when our daughter was born.

When I spoke to my doctor about being "old" this time he assured me that I am not too old for this. He told me that although my chances for having a baby with a birth defect are higher than when I was 20 that the odds are still in my favor.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
November 15th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Regular
Probably the same ones I started with when I was 27, namely Hashimoto's thyroiditis and thrombophilia.
Difference is I know it now whereas then I didn't..
Another problem I seem to have run across that I don't recall 9 yrs ago (I just turned 36) is incredibly achy bones. But on the way to 36, in the past year, I had a blighted ovum due to major chromosomal defect (this was validated w/ a karyotype) and a chemical pregnancy abt a month and a half after the blighted ovum. I don't personally see that it's affected my fertility in the least, but it may have given us a few "dud" eggs, probably.. but we'll never know xx

Good LUCK!
Deb
December 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Regular
I am 41 and 26 weeks pregnant. I had some bleeding between 12 and 16 weeks- very light. It turned out that I had/have a marginal placenta previa with a small subchoronic hematoma. Sounds like a mouthful and was very scarey! We are both fine now, with no bleeding for ten weeks! She is a very active little one. We will have our final ultrasound on Jan. 3 to see if the placenta has moved up enough to avoid a c-section.

I avoided all the tests, except the diagnostic ultrasound. It loks like everything is normal- no birth defects or Down's were noted.

I am feeling my age physically sometimes- sore hip, painful back, tired, but maybe no more than anyone else. I haven't done this in 8 years so I am not sure I remember... age I guess...LOL.

Kathleen

EDD- 3/26/2007
December 12th, 2006, 07:00 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
Congradulations 1Smartblonde,
I am glad that your pregnancy is going well. I know how you feel, I have not been pregnant in 13 years My pregnancy has gone normal. But I have been real tired. I was previously pregnant in my 20's and nesting came "natural", well I am still waiting for some energy to come to get some things done. I still have to get the nursery ready. The best thing about being in my 40's is I know things will get done, eventually lol.

How are you feeling?

Tami
December 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Regular
Quote:
Congradulations 1Smartblonde,
I am glad that your pregnancy is going well. I know how you feel, I have not been pregnant in 13 years My pregnancy has gone normal. But I have been real tired. I was previously pregnant in my 20's and nesting came "natural", well I am still waiting for some energy to come to get some things done. I still have to get the nursery ready. The best thing about being in my 40's is I know things will get done, eventually lol.

How are you feeling?

Tami[/b]

I am feeling good, but oh I relate to the tiredness! I just found out yesterday that I am anemic so I am being put on iron three times a day! I might never be able to go to the bathroom again, but my blood will be healthy...LOL. Congratulations to you too! You don't have mcuh time left. I don't know about you, but this is definitely my last child!!! My stamina isn't what it was with my other two babies. I have twelve weeks to go as my doctor has decided she won't let me go past 38 weeks. Counting down...

Keep me posted on how your doing.

Kathleen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search