Another "Older" Mom....

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Veteran
I HATE that term! Oh - hello I am Dawn and I am 37. I will be 38 when the new addition arrives. We have four children ages 20, 12, 10 and 2. Yes, we are nuts

I haven't told anyone yet (aside from my in-laws) simply because we just found out on Christmas day. I had a miscarriage with twins in May (12 weeks) so I want to see the doctor first. EVERYONE is going to think we are nuts. We wanted a large family. After this one we are done though. I HATE that women over 35 are labeled "older moms." I don't FEEL "approaching 40" so why must I have the label?

I love where I am in life. I love the knowledge time has given me. I love that I more of a laid back mom than I was 20 (yikes!) years ago (I was young, but still....) heck - even more laid back then I was 12 years ago! The only "bad" thing with this aging is my body is not as slim as I would like....lol. I still have 20lbs of "last baby" phat I am carrying...

Anyways - sorry for the rant I am so glad to speak to other "mom's with life experience" under their belts!

</div>
January 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I completely understand what you mean. I am 22 and EVERYONE has their own thing about being a," Young Mother" as well. I don't like how people seem to everything on age. I think age is a matter of the mind. Over 35 certainly does not make you, "older." I would equate someone being older is 60+ not someone who is 38. I don't understand why so many people are age label happy.

I would say you an experienced Mom because you have four children but not an older Mom.
January 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Experienced Mom here.... 2 girls 13 and 16 and I am expecting twin boys in April (fraternal).

We werent trying things just happen and they say its for a purpose. I dont know but still excited just the same.

I will be 38 next month.
January 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Regular
Quote:
I HATE that term! Oh - hello I am Dawn and I am 37. I will be 38 when the new addition arrives. We have four children ages 20, 12, 10 and 2. Yes, we are nuts

I haven't told anyone yet (aside from my in-laws) simply because we just found out on Christmas day. I had a miscarriage with twins in May (12 weeks) so I want to see the doctor first. EVERYONE is going to think we are nuts. We wanted a large family. After this one we are done though. I HATE that women over 35 are labeled "older moms." I don't FEEL "approaching 40" so why must I have the label?

I love where I am in life. I love the knowledge time has given me. I love that I more of a laid back mom than I was 20 (yikes!) years ago (I was young, but still....) heck - even more laid back then I was 12 years ago! The only "bad" thing with this aging is my body is not as slim as I would like....lol. I still have 20lbs of "last baby" phat I am carrying...

Anyways - sorry for the rant I am so glad to speak to other "mom's with life experience" under their belts![/b]

Rock on and congratulations!!!

Thanks. I needed that.

I'm 35 w/ 3 boys 8,3, &1. We're entertaining the notion to become pregnant. (We lost 1 at 18 weeks in October.) I'm really nervous.

Maybe we will go for it in a few months.

Thanks.

January 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
Congradulations Dawn

I also hate the term "older mother" grrrrrrrr

Tami
January 10th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 35 and label an older mom last year while Pregnant and I'm pregnant again now. It is really funny because I still get proofed for beer (I buy it for my husband because his ID is expired) and the cashiers always say that I don't look as old as I am.

January 12th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As bad as "older mom" is I cant stand the term "advanced maternal age"! That one really irks me.
February 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM
chele11's Avatar RIC
Send a message via Yahoo to chele11
1st of all, I do not look or feel 35, but alas, I'll be 36 b4 the li'l one is even born. My DH (Russell) will be 27 when the baby is born..... This is my 3rd, his 1st. We're both extremely excited.

Our (yes, he treats them and loves them as his own, so he's getting a head start!!), DD is 13 and DS is
8 1/2. Our son is PDD-NOS, which for those who don't know is on the same spectrum as Autism and I am scared of being pg for that reason ONLY. The %%% of Downs is higher but even that doesn't bother me. Certainly, if there is a God, he will not saddle me with any more than I can handle. at least, that's my thoughts anyway!

As for being pg after 35....well....I'm 30 lbs overweight, look like I'm about 25, and act like I'm about 18 half the time! So, being "older" has really no bearing on me, except for my body, which although doesn't look old,,,,definitely feels it! LOL
February 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi Dawn and welcome!

I also don't like "advanced maternal age!" Ugh. I feel better at 38 than I did when I was 18 or 28!

February 14th, 2007, 07:08 PM
three+1more's Avatar Veteran
Hello...this is my 4th pregnancy and my first as an "older mom". I am 36 and am due in October. I am a bit anxious about what to expect being "advanced maternal age" at the doctors.

Glad to be here...I have three kids ages 6, 4 and 21 months.

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Thank you Sharon for my beautiful siggie!</div>
February 15th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Welcome Kristin! I had my first baby when I was 37! I'm sure everything will be just fine. Personally I think us "advanced maternal age" moms get a lot more TLC for being older It's kind of nice!

Take care and happy 9 months!

March 5th, 2007, 05:30 PM
MyMiracleBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat...

I'm 38, mom of three (girl/16, boy/11, girl/5).

Due on Nov 4th.

This is my 4th, my bf's 1st. He's 23, so age is an issue with us in a lot of circumstances.

I don't feel like I'm nearly 40. Although I wish my body were a bit slimmer, I was also wishing that when I was just nearly 30.
March 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to all the new and "YOUNG at heart" mom's.

I am Denise and and experienced mom at 40. I have 5 children. Danielle 18 1/2, Hannah 15 (16 next month), Joshua 12, Caleb 8 1/2, Joseph 2 1/2 and I am due June 5 with a little girl.

I love being an older mom. I have so much more wisdom than I did when my first was born at 21. I am so much more relaxed and really enjoy each moment of life with my children. There is no more hurry up and grow up. I have already been that route. My oldest is in college and engaged to be married. We definitely got looks from people when we told them we are expecting again. I do not look 40 at all and most of the time people think my oldest and I are sisters. Oh it is nice to hear. You are only as old as you make yourself to be. I feel so great this pregnancy and even better than some when I was younger.

Welcome again! The ladies here have been really nice since I joined.

March 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I to hate the term *AMA* I acually feel better with baby #8 on the way then I did with my first few kids. I am also much more relaxed and we have the complete financial security we didnt have in our 20's
I am able to spend more time with my kids travelling and enjoying thier company. I am 36 soon 37 March 31 and dh is 42 and we are loveing life in a whole new way!!!
We pray to be able to have at least 10 kids ourselves then adopt 2 more from Ethiopia.We have always wanted a large family and even tho it took us longer then expected our dreams are comeing true!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
March 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Quote:

Anyways - sorry for the rant I am so glad to speak to other "mom's with life experience" under their belts![/b]

I feel the same way you do I will be 40 in June when I have my fifth child and I do not feel Old just wiser and alot more experienced my kids ages are 19,8,6,4, and the fifth in June. I am feeling good where my life is now as well
March 31st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not a fan of "older" mom, but at the same time I am not "experienced" either! I am 35, will be 36 when baby is born in November. It is our 1st. However, I never felt ready to have a baby before now...heck, if you had asked me in December or even January I probably would have told you I wasn't ready! But my DH and I decided to start trying. It happened quickly (2 weeks after going off the pill) and I never expected to be as excited as I am! We can't wait!! We read in our baby journal every night to see what is happening with baby and we have another book that shows us pictures of what baby looks like along the way! It is great!
April 11th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Welcome!! Congrats on the pg!!
I also hate the term AMA *sigh*
I am so sorry for your loss of twins (hugs) I lost twins in Oct at 17w and this pg was twins but I m/ced one at 9w 4d in March.
I too wanted a Large family and love every sec of it! We are expecting #8 and pray for at least 2 to 3 more.
I feel great and being 37 has no bearing on how I feel. I enjoy the secrity we have and the closeness and wisdom in our 18+ yrs marriage together.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
April 13th, 2007, 06:54 AM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I am 36 years with an 18y/o DS, a 18 m/o DS, and about to have my third DS on August 22nd. And keep in mind I still feel young and use to get carded for cigs just because people could not believe I am over 30.

Isn't great having children at this stage in your life, however?

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search