Wondering what to do

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There will be a 13 yr age difference between my youngest and our new baby(33 1/2 wks pg). I feel kinda bad like he will be an only child. My husband and I have been discussing (already) having another baby so he will feel like he has a sibling. Did anybody else deal with this issue?
February 16th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Super Mommy
I am not having an issue, because my dd's are 27 months apart. But I was 9 when my sister was born and my brother was 11. We have never been close. I was busy with boyfriends when she was in Kindergarten and away at college during her middle school years. I actually had her in my class when she was in 8th grade. (she HATED that ) Anyway, I think having another sibling close in age would be a good idea. My sister could've used a confidant.
DD#1 7
DD#2 4.5

Cody Joseph, born still at 20 weeks, December 11, 2009.
February 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the baby will be fine wether she has a sibling or not. However, if you do decide to have a sibling for him you still have plenty of time. My kids are ages 16, 13, 10, and 7. There are 3 boys and the 13 year old is my only girl. We had thought we were done with 4 but had an oopsie about 2 years ago. It ended in m/c at 12 weeks and we found out it was a girl. That is when we decided that we really wanted one more. Of course this one is a boy and in the back of my mind I keep thinking that I would like to try one more time almost right away and see if I can get that girl. My DH is not in on this plan though. I am pretty sure this will be our last and I will have 2 out of high school when this one reaches Kindergarten. I think it will be very special for him to have these older siblings. I know for sure that he is going to be extremely spoiled by them. It is going to be neat. Different then it was with my others but none the less very awesome!!! Can't wait. Just think of all the help you will get!!! Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

Donna
February 16th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the replies. I have such mixed emotions about this subject. I was so young with the first two and I feel like this is such a blessing ( a complete shock, but a blessing). I am amazed at the smallest things that happen with my body. This baby will be lucky to have two big brothers to look up to but they will be gone doing their own thing soon. I like the idea of a sibling closer in age for him, we will see.
Good luck to all mommies-to-be!
Enjoy your babies to all who are luck enough to be holding them, they grow sooo fast!
February 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
I'm not really in the same boat but when I was pregnant with my son, who is now almost 5 months, my husband and I had decided that we only wanted one child. Since Logan's arrival we realized that we would like for him to have a sibling close in age, and there for TTC like crazy!

I think whatever you decide to do will be the right decision. There are some other forums on JM about siblings close in age and siblings far apart. I popped in there a few times and read other mom's feelings and read about their stories. It was super helpful!

Best of luck in whatever you decide! Lord knows it's tricky deciding!

Joanne

February 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
BestWishes05's Avatar Veteran
I have this same issue, my youngest child is 13 years. I had my first three children in my 20's and all close together. When me & dh decided to have another child we thought about having two but we have decided to have only one more. Since our little boy has been born he is constantly being held by his sisters, they won't let him fuss at all. My son is waiting to take him outside and to the park ;o). Goodluck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search