Room for one more

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I introduced myself back when I first found out I was pregnant in October but it was a pretty quiet board and didn't hang around, so I thought I would try again.

I am Denise 40 and my dh Rick is 42. We have been married for 20 1/2 years now. I am due June 5th with a precious little girl. My other children are Danielle 18, Hannah 15 (16 in April), Joshua 12, Caleb 8, Joseph 2 1/2. We have homeschooled all of our children from the beginning. My oldest just got engaged and plans to marry July of 2008. She is a nursing student in college.

I have struggled with infertility or secondary fertility for all of our married years. The last two pregnancies were a complete surprise. I love being pregnant. I think the older I have gotten the more fertile I have become. I love being a mom. I do not feel 40 at all. We were wedding dress shopping for my daughter the other day and people were surprised that I was her mother. We look just alike and they thought we were sisters. Oh I just love that.

I feel better this pregnancy then with some of my other ones. I am in no hurry for it to end. Yes I am excited to meet my daughter but I may never have the chance to feel a little baby move inside of me and I want to treasure every moment of it. I think because I have done the whole growing up years and seen how fast it goes I want to make the most of each moment. I think that is where the ladies in my due date club don't understand. Being older puts you at a different prospective than when you are younger. I hope to be able to stay and get to know you all better.

February 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello,

Athough I don't feel as energetic, I really understand how you feel about enjoying it so much more. When I was in my early 20's (having my first two) I was amazed by the whole process but not like I am this time. It truly is a miracle.

I really love the name you have picked out. My sister is also Rebekah and she is one of a kind. I am having my 3rd son and we are naming him Micah Luis. I can't wait to meet him but we already have a special bond.

It really takes a special mom to homeschool, mine did!!

I wish you all the best and know you will enjoy every minute.

Amy
February 25th, 2007, 12:10 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Welcome and congrats!

I am Kassia. 36 years old and due to have my 3rd in August...My due date is September 1st but I will be having a scheduled c/s a week before my due date...anyhow, I understand how you feel about being pregnant as you get older...I had my oldest at the age of 17 (6 weeks from turning 18) and the experience I had with him and my 16 month old are completely different...I was way more into these last two pregnancies than I was with my oldest...Not because I didn't love him, but because I was young, alone and worried about how I was going to raise him...Now I am older, confident, and don't have to worry about the things I worried about then...It's a great feeling I think.

My dh and I are thinking about homeschooling our last two...I might be contacting you for advice...

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

February 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Denise,

You are also in my DDC!! Good to see you posting here also!!

Donna
February 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
Hi Denise,

Welcome aboard. Glad to see that there are so many of us joining and so many coming back to post on this board. I hope everything goes well for you and your baby.

I am currently pg with my 3rd child. My 1st DD is 16 and my second DD would be 8. I have to say that I feel better with this pg than I did with my other two at a younger age. I have learned from some of my friends who have had kids at a later age that they enjoyed then more now than when they had them at a younger age.

I am already thinking about when I will have my next one after this one is born. I will be 39 in September and hope that I will be able to have another one after this one.

Best of Luck
iam2xcited
(Stacey)

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
February 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi there Denise!

Congrats to you! Your family sounds awesome!

I'm Joanne. Not pregnant yet but TTC #2. We have a 5 month old son and would love to have close babies. I'm 39 this year.

I can relate to you about enjoying your pregnancy and not wanting it to end. I had a fantastic pregnancy and enjoyed every second of being pregnant. I cannot wait to be pregnant again!

Glad you came back to the boards! And best of luck!!!!!

February 26th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Awe thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Some boards are more welcoming than others. It is nice to hear all your stories.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

February 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Denise I think it is incredibly awesome that you home schooled all of your children!

I'm in awe of you

Do you have a name picked out for your baby? And when is your due date?

February 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Denise I think it is incredibly awesome that you home schooled all of your children!

I'm in awe of you

Do you have a name picked out for your baby? And when is your due date?[/b]
Rebekah Grace and she is due June 5th. I have been late with all my children so I expect her to be late as well. I was induced with all except one. I have the NYS home school convention the weekend before my due date. We are on the board of directors of it and need to be there if at all possible.

I love home schooling. It hasn't always been easy over the last 14 1/2 years but I wouldn't change it for anything. Everything has it's challenges but it is how you deal with it whether you will make it or not.

February 26th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Good grief....how dumb can I possibly be! I just didn't see the HUGE sparkling name and due date in your siggie!! Gosh I feel a fool now!

Lovely name!

February 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Good grief....how dumb can I possibly be! I just didn't see the HUGE sparkling name and due date in your siggie!! Gosh I feel a fool now!

Lovely name![/b]

Hahah No problem.

Thanks We have had this name picked out for awhile now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search