I'm New !

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Regular
So glad I found so many other women who are over 35 and expecting. I am 37 and 17 weeks pregnant with my first. Boy, do people make me feel like I am 90 having my first. Some people ask the dumbest questions. I know about the increased risk but do I have to be reminded so much ? Sorry I'm venting
Anyway, glad to have found this site ! Very reassuring,,,,
February 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ellen,

Welcome! Don't let people make you feel bad. It's a wonderful thing that is happening inside us and people are sometimes quick to judge.

I just moved to Oregon from So. Calif and when I went for my first OB appointment the doctor was VERY rude. He is famous for his horrible bed-side manner but I didn't know it. He is also one of the best around. He told me all about the tests that may have to be done if the ultrasound showed anything abnormal and made a big deal about explaining the risks. When he left the room I almost cried. He came back a few minutes later and apologized. He told me that he and his wife had their last daughter when they were both 38 and that it was the best thing they ever did. He has been much better since that initial visit but...geez!

Good luck to you. Do you know what you are having yet?

Amy
February 28th, 2007, 05:44 AM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!! People can say the rudest things at times. Don't let it get to you. Let it go in one ear and out the other, it is your life. I have heard and known of many women having babies even in their early 40's. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Donna
February 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Welcome to JM and the board....glad to have you...I know what you mean about how people look at you beign older and having children...I am going to have my third and my husband had his first at 41....people made the stupidest comments to him and it drove him nuts

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

February 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ellen welcome! I agree people do make the rudest comments. It is hard but we need to ignore them. I had two back surgeries in 2005 and I have had so many people question me about being pregnant because 1. I am 40 and 2. because of my back problems. It is really non of their business. I know this is the right thing for me and I feel great being pregnant.

Treasure and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy.

February 28th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Regular
Thanks so much! I do not know what we are having - we decided to let it be a surprise. We went for a sonogram 1 week ago and the doctor said that he was able to tell but we asked him not to tell us. I go for another sonogram (level 2) at the end of March to check anatomy and any indicators of abnormalities. Thanks for your good wishes !
March 2nd, 2007, 05:46 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi Ellen!!!!

Congrats to you! I was 37 when I was pregnant with our son.

Looking forward to getting to know you! I'm Joanne, mommy to Logan our 5 month old & TTC #2.

Have a great day.

March 2nd, 2007, 06:41 AM
chezbeach's Avatar Member
Hi newbie,

I am also a newbie and 38yrs and 10weeks 6days pregnant..

wishing you all the best

Chez
March 2nd, 2007, 06:43 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Welcome Chez!!!!! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search