It's almost the weekend!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?

I am not planning anything exciting, DH is working all weekend, so I am going to go to the gym, pay bills, start our taxes and clean!!! Sounds awful, except that I won't be at work, so it should be great!!! Unfortunately, I don't think it is going to be a nice weekend weather-wise. I think we have chances of snow again....it was 74 on Tuesday, and snow this weekend....Yuk!!!!
March 15th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm so ready for spring!!! We had some nice weather too and now its cold again. I shampooed my carpets and now its all muddy again

I have a baby shower on Saturday- yeah I was also surprised by my bible study group last night with a shower. I was shocked because I just moved here and I really don't know anyone that well. I got so many cute things.

I will spend the rest of the weekend studing for finals and washing all the new baby stuff. I have another ultrasound on Friday and I will have a better idea how big and when Micah might be coming.
March 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The baby shower Saturday sounds fun!!! And what a nice welcome your bible study group gave you!!! Where did you move from? How long have you been here?

I made my 1st doctor appt today. It's not until April 20th!!! Seems too far away, but at least I'll be 8 weeks, so we will be able to see baby...the told me we were going to do an ultrasound.

I remembered this morning that you have the u/s tomorrow. Hope it goes well, will be waiting to hear!

March 16th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't sleep last night-again I have so many things on my mind. My doctors appt is at 9:30 pst.

I moved to Oregon in October from Southern California. My family all lives in this area and I thought I might need the support. It is also WAY more affordable to live here. That gives me more options once the baby gets here. I am hoping to continue some online courses to finish my schooling and then possibly work from home (accounting). We will see how that goes. I just don't want to leave my baby

It seems like forever till your first appt, I remember that. Looking back, it really went fast. Find things to keep yourself busy and 9 months will seem like nothing (except for the last couple of weeks).
March 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got back from my appointment. The good news is: he isn't too big. The bad news is: he turned around. I am going in on Tuesday to have him turned (or at least they will try and turn him). If he gets stressed they will do an emergency c-section. This is scary to me, I'd rather have him vaginally.
If all goes well, we will wait for his arrival.
March 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad he's not too big, that is one plus.... Maybe sometime between now and Tuesday he will turn himself around again!!! He did it once, he can do it again, right? I had a friend that they were going to have to try to turn the baby and he flipped on his own before they could try.....I'll be crossing my fingers for you that the flipping won't be too stressful for him and you will be able to wait to deliver vaginally.

I understand not sleeping! I am not sure I would have been able to if I were you either! At least you know he is healthy, not too big and even if you do have to deliver him Tuesday, all WILL go well!!!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep between now and Tuesday! Last night was my first night of "pregnant" dreams. I had crazy dreams ALL night long. DH said this morning that I was tossing and turning and keeping him up all night! My back is so achy and crampy by morning that I rarely sleep past 230 or 3am for the last week.

I can't believe I have only known about this little turkey for a week....it seems like so much longer!!! Going to go to the bookstore to look at pregnancy books tomorrow. Wish I had a girlfriend who knew cuz it would probably be more fun with someone, but I think it will be nice and relaxing and a way to get out of the house for a couple hours while DH is at work
March 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies from a snowy New York. This is crazy. Earlier this week I was wearing sandles and short sleaves no coat. Now it is boots and gloves. I so love the snow but happy when warm weather gets here.

This weekend I have nothing special planned for me. Tomorrow morning I have to take my daughter to a class that she is taking to study for SAT's while she is there my 8 year old has basketball practice. Thank goodness they are next door to each other. I need to go to work in the afternoon to finish up my stuff. I work at our church as a secretary. I am hoping the weather is to yucky to go out in the morning. 9:00 am is to early to go anywhere for me.
Sunday we have church then home for the rest of the day.

Amy, I will be praying that your baby turns so they will not have to turn him manually. OUCH! At least he isn't to big. Anything can happen.

Kim the time will go by fast. I can't believe I have already made it to my 3rd trimester. I have been so busy and time has gone by fast. But I have really had the attitude this pregnancy to enjoy everymoment of being pregnant. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant I got out my pregnancy books. It was fun to read through them. Will they do an ultrasound at your first appointment?

Have a great weekend ladies!

March 17th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Denise, They said that they want to wait that long for my appt so that they can do an u/s. So they want to be sure I am 8 weeks. They had an opening a week earlier, but there was NO way I could get out of work due to an intense 4 day training session ( ) so I have to wait. But after that I know time will start to fly! My DH is having a hard time believing this is really happening, I keep telling him it's cuz he's not the one with sore boobs and a crampy back, but even so, I am still having a hard time! I know everything will seem more real after the u/s.

I can't believe you guys got nailed again in NY with more snow!!!!! What a crummy winter you have had!! It was 75 here on Wednesday, it's 25 today. Not fair!!! At least we didn't get more snow, just flurries yesterday. I am soooo ready for spring!

Getting ready to run out for the morning....
Have a great weekend!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search