I don't think I can make it!!!

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh!!! DH and I decided (mostly my decision) that we are going to wait until after our 1st dr appt and u/s to tell our families about the baby. What was I thinking????? This is nearly impossible!!! I am not having ANY problem at all not telling his mom, it hasn't been too bad not telling my dad, and I wish I could tell my mom but I have been ok at keeping quiet.

What has been REALLY, REALLY hard is not telling my sister! She is PG and due in Sept...I am due about 10 weeks after her. She is also the only one I told (in my family) that we were going to start TTC. I talked to her last week and it was SOOOO hard not to tell! Today when I talked to her she was asking all kinds of questions....Any news on the baby front?....How long til my next period, so when will I know about this month.... I just keep giving kind of vague answers and tell her I am really not too worried about it, it will happen when it happens! She is so excited about us maybe having kids the same age, I can't wait to tell her just how close in age our kids are going to be!!!!! Even though our step-bro and his wife are due in May and our step sis is due in Oct (yes, it's going to be a crazy year for our family ) it will be our kids who will see each other the most and spend the most time together! We have always talked about having kids close together!

My DH just laughs and says how it will probably the most fun telling she and her DH!!! IF I CAN WAIT!!!!!
March 28th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can imagine how hard it must be! I think I told everyone at about 6 weeks, I just couldn't wait
You and your sister will have so much fun raising babies together, and being pregnant together.
March 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Best wishes trying to keep such a secret! Are you sure you cannot tell your sister? (evil temptation wink - lol) We told family right away - didn't see any reason not to. We figured even if things did not work out, that's what family is for - to share in the joys and the disappointments of life - whatever will be will be. I mean, imagine (God forbid, knock on wood!!) your dad gets into a fatal car accident or something before your appointment, and you never told him?

March 31st, 2007, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
evil temptation wink - lol[/b]
LOL!!! I don't need the temptation, I am ready to tell DH that I just can't wait anymore!!!! All phone conversations are getting difficult now....talked to my dad yesterday and all he talked about were my sister and stepsisters pg's.....

Maybe next weekend when he isn't working.....
April 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I know how you feel. My best friend told me two weeks ago that she is expecting and it took all my energy not to tell her that I'm 5 weeks behind her. Plus, our last babies are just 3 weeks apart, so it's just so funny that it's happened again (neither of us knew about the other TTC). I just feel like I want to wait until 12 weeks just to get through the greatest risk time. It's so hard!!!

DS age 6
DS age 5
DD age 3
Baby #4 EDD 11/16/07
April 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow its so hard to keep quiet!! When do you see doc??? Good luck I hope you can announce the news soon!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
April 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My appt is finally one week from tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited (a little nervous, too, but mostly excited)!!! They told me I would have an u/s too! I just can't wait to tell my family!!!

I just noticed, baby1284, our due dates are only 4 days apart!!! (if the dr doesn't change mine, that is)
April 12th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I just noticed, baby1284, our due dates are only 4 days apart!!! (if the dr doesn't change mine, that is)
[/quote]

Oh yeah- how are you feeling? My m/s is finally letting up but it's turned into heartburn! It seems too early for that...

I hope all goes well at your appt.

DS age 6
DS age 5
DD age 3
Baby #4 EDD 11/16/07
April 13th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For the most part, I feel great!! I have some fleeting nausea in the am, but only rarely. I previously had some AF like back pain and cramping (growing pains) but that is mostly gone. Other than sore bbs, I feel normal!!! My biggest problem, is that I already get hip pain when I sleep on my side. So some nights I sleep, others I toss and turn all night (DH says it's like sleeping on a trampoline).

Glad your m/s has passed!!
April 13th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I had some bad lower back pain and cramping for awhile too. Especially when my period was due, which is why I was sure I wasn't pregnant! It lasted for about a week and then disappeared. I'm very bloated and my belly is really popping out - doesn't help that I'm eating everything in sight! I get really nauseous when I don't eat. other than that, being tired is my chief complaint. That should all get better in a few weeks. Can't wait! And then I can start telling people!

DS age 6
DS age 5
DD age 3
Baby #4 EDD 11/16/07
April 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL.... I am eating everything in sight too!!!! I have also found, that as soon as i am done eating, I am EXHAUSTED!!!!!!! Can barely keep my eyes open!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search