REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2007, 09:38 AM
Regular
Hello everyone, this is my second time writing and the first time was so helpful and mind settling. I am 40 yrs old and pregnant with my second child, 10 weeks. I have an anxiety/depression disorder which is controlled by medication and therapy. I take 150 mg of zoloft, 40 mg paxil and xanax as needed, however,when I found out I was pregnant I stopped the paxil and xanax. I was told Zoloft is safe during pregnancy, but I did drop to 100 mg. I also have IBS and have had diarhea quite a bit. My doctor said I could take Imodium but not Pepto Bismol. I have only taken the Imodium twice. At two separate times I have had a very bad anxiety attack about 3 weeks ago, and took a half of a half a piece of xanax, I have only done this two times. I also get migraines and have only taken extra stregnth Tylenol nothing else. Do you think those tiny doses of xanax could be harmful?? and also, if these others medicines are considered safe, then why do I feel so guilty and nervous when I need to take them. I am taking the best care of myself possible, excercise, vitamines, prenatal care, no smoking, drinking, or drugs. Can someone please help me not to be so neurotic over my pregnancy and the health of my baby. I really need some advice.

Thank You,

Jennifer
March 31st, 2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You did the right thing by stopping any medications that your dr said that you shouldn't take during pregnancy. I haven't heard anything about Xanax during pg, but I would ask your dr if you are worried about the half pill. Is there anything else that you can take to help control the anxiety? I have had anxiety attacks before and know how awful they can be, so I am sorry for you. Don't stress anymore about what you already took, what is done is done. But I would definately talk to your dr who can maybe help you find some other options! This might sound corny, but what about starting yoga, or learning some meditation breathing techniques to help with the anxiety attacks? I know when I was doing yoga before work last year, I was so much more relaxed during my day...I couldn't believe how good I felt...My entire body just felt wonderful when I would do it!

As far as feeling guilty about meds that the dr says are ok, I am the same way. I won't even take regular strength Tylenol, have been taking Jr. Tylenol (the grape ones that dissolve in your mouth....YUK!!!). I still feel guilty when I take that!

The board is always here if you need to talk or need advice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search