What would you do?

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I need advice.....

DH and I were discussing names again yesterday. We have had a boys name picked out for a long time (Atticus) and I thought we had a girls name (Ainsley or Ophelia), but he has all of a sudden decided that he really likes the name Seven. I think it is kind of cute (I'd spell it Sevyn, probably) but I am not sure I want to name a child that.... I know I have a lot of time to try to either grow to like it more or to try to change his mind. He said that if he can pick that for the girl's name, I can pick the boy's name....but I said that is not fair because we both like the name we already picked, so I wouldn't change it.

What would you do????? HELP!!!!
April 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would each pick 2 names and then take time to see which one seems to work for you guys. Every once in a while you will have a name picked out and then give birth and decide the name is completely wrong for your child. Its always nice to have a back-up.

Sevyn is a neat name, so is Ainsley. I know an Ainsley and she is a very bright and thoughtful girl.
April 5th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Amy. It is hard to pick a name that you both can agree on. We have each made up a list that had our favorite names on there. Then went from there. You will come up with a name you both like. It just takes time. Sometimes people wait until the baby is born and see what he or she looks like.

May 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
chele11's Avatar RIC
Send a message via Yahoo to chele11
If your styles are completely different, it's difficult to pick a name...but in your case, you are picking unique, unusually pretty names, and both of you like them. If you are not set on the name, or he isn't, talk to your baby.....see how the name(s) feels when you say it. How does it sound with your last name? Holler it through the house-act like you're trying to get her attention-see how it sounds that way. Just ideas to get ya started.

For the record, I love both of those names. VERY unique and not stupid sounding! :-) My DH wouldn't go for any contemporary or unusual names, altho for some reason, he *did* like Piper. Go figure! LOL
May 3rd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Veteran
When I was pregnant with DS, we had an agreement that if for some reason either of us disliked a name for any reason whatsoever, that we would discard that name and not use it, with no complaints. I will admit that we got a bit silly for awhile and tried to come up with names the other would be HORRIFIED at! But we eventually agreed on both a boy's and girl's name (just in case, as they couldn't tell us definitely from the scan if he was a boy or a girl).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search