Opinions please?

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Hey, my name's Becki, I usually post in the Teen Mommies board.. I'm here because my mom and her boyfriend (they're planning on marrying), are thinking of having a baby.. but my mother has her tubes tied (and cut, I think), so she can't get pregnant.. I threw out the idea that I could do it for them.. What do you guys think about it? I know in the end, only I can decide, but I just want to hear some opinions from different people. I would love to do that for my mom if it's what she truly wants, because she loves children and I know first hand how amazing she would be as a mother. I'm not setting anything in stone and I'm not making any promises, because this wouldn't be happening until late into the year..
January 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Hey, my name's Becki, I usually post in the Teen Mommies board.. I'm here because my mom and her boyfriend (they're planning on marrying), are thinking of having a baby.. but my mother has her tubes tied (and cut, I think), so she can't get pregnant.. I threw out the idea that I could do it for them.. What do you guys think about it? I know in the end, only I can decide, but I just want to hear some opinions from different people. I would love to do that for my mom if it's what she truly wants, because she loves children and I know first hand how amazing she would be as a mother. I'm not setting anything in stone and I'm not making any promises, because this wouldn't be happening until late into the year..[/b]
I think that if it's something that you feel really strongly in your heart that you want to do, then go for it. I would do a lot of research though before you jump into it! GL!

Add me at LiveJournal</div>
January 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Make sure you do lots of research and you are sure about the decision. It is really sweet of you to care so much for your mom. Even though your mom's tubes are tied she should still be able to do IVF. That may be another possibility for her.

January 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Oh, I forgot to mention that she had a hystorectomy (sp?).. but yeah, I'm going to research and make sure that I'm 100% comfortable w/ my decision.

Thanks
February 7th, 2009, 02:53 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
I wanted to be a surrogate mommy long before I turned 18 as I had an Aunt & Uncle who went through infertility and waited years to adopt.

My point is...if it is in your heart then I say do your homework/research, be sure and if it is the right decision

Jan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search